Avocado Mousse (Vegan)
Avocado mousse recipe. A truly delicious, smooth and silky mousse with avocados and dark chocolate. Not only egg free, this mousse is vegan, gluten free with minimum cooking. An easy and tasty make ahead dessert for parties with minimum ingredients. You can whip up this avocado mousse in large quantities in no time. Here is how to make vegan avocado mousse with dark chocolate.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time3 mins
- 200 grams chocolate, chopped dark or semi sweet or bitter sweet
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons sugar powdered
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Using a double boiler or two fitting vessels melt chopped chocolate until smooth and shiny. Melt in low flame stirring constantly.
Peel and chop the avocado into chunks, discarding the stone. Take chopped avocados, cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a mixer or food processor jar.
Blend or whip until smooth.
Add the melted dark chocolate and whip again.
Portion out the prepared avocado mousse in dessert bowls or glasses. Set in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Top with unsweetened whipped cream, nuts, chocolate and serve chilled.
- Adjust the quantity of chocolate as per taste
- The recipe can be scaled up or down.
Serving: 3servings | Calories: 148kcal