Easy sweet and spicy pineapple chutney to spice up your meals. Make this super easy and yummy chutney with fresh pineapples and enjoy with many more meals to come. So quick, flavorful, outright delicious and takes less than 30 minutes.
Servings: 15 servings
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2.5 cups finely chopped ripe pineapple
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons black raisins
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a pan and add whole spices. Saute well without browning them.
Add chopped pineapple and mix well.
Add sugar and mix.
Now add just enough water to cover the pineapples.Mix well and add required salt. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Add raisins, mix well. Using the back of a ladle or potato masher, slightly mash the pineapple pieces.
Cook for another 6-7 minutes or until the chutney bubbles and thickens well.
Add cardamom powder, mix well and remove from flame. Cool thoroughly and store pineapple chutney in airtight jars. Serve with BBQ, flatbread, crackers, roti, toast, idli, dosa etc.
- You can use pineapple tidbits or canned pineapples. If they are sweetened reduce the sugar in the recipe accordingly
- You can use brown sugar for deeper flavor.
- If you prefer to make this sugar less, just leave out sugar but make sure the pineapple is sweet.
- You can double or halve the recipe.
Serving: 15servings | Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg