No Yeast Pizza Dough
This no yeast pizza dough is the answer to all your pizza cravings 🙂 No yeast? that should not stop you from having a delicious pizza 🙂 Make this easy peasy dough with very few ingredients:)
Servings: 3 8 inch pizza base
- 2 3/4 cup plain flour
- 6 tablespoons yogurt dairy free or dairy
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- water as needed
Making no yeast pizza dough
Combine flour, salt, baking powder and oil in a bowl.
Mix well. Add whisked yogurt. Mix again
Add water gradually and knead to a soft dough.
Once the dough has come together knead well for 5 minutes. The dough should be very lightly sticky.
Making pizza base.
Divide the dough into three equal parts.
On a slightly floured surface roll out each dough into 7 or 8 inch circle with 1/4 inch thickness.
Prick all over the base with a fork. This is to avoid the pizza base puffing up too much.
Place the rolled base on a hot cast iron tava and cook in ow flame for a minutes
Flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
Remove from flame and cool the base thoroughly if you are going to make pizza later.
Drizzle some olive oil all over the base. Spread some pizza sauce.
Arrange your toppings and cheese. Cook in low flame, keeping the pan covered or bake in a preheated oven on a pizza stone until cheese melts.
- You can add some dried herb while making the dough for extra flavor
- Use very good olive oil for this recipe.
- Instead of curd you can add 1/2 cup water + 1 tablespoon lemon juice + 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- Make sure the prick the base well with fork.
- Dough- You can store the no yeast pizza dough for 2 days in refrigerator and a month in freeze. keep it well covered and thaw a bit before making the base.
- Pizza Base- if you want to store the bases store in a flat container or zip lock freezer bags. The base can be tored for 2 months in freezer.
Serving: 38 inch pizza bases | Calories: 187kcal