Caramelized banana recipe is an easy dessert or snack that you can make in 10 minutes! Ripe bananas, brown sugar and a bit of vanilla is all you need to make this. Serve as is or with some fun toppings! Delicious and Fun Snack!
Sharing a childhood favorite snack with you all today. This caramelized bananas were something we used to enjoy as after school snack often. Just with 3 ingredients and 10 minutes memories are made.
Even if you are not big on bananas, this caramelized banana will surely delight you. What’s not to love about yummy sweet bananas with that golden caramel glaze and the options to flavor this dessert are endless.
Serve caramelized banana as dessert or snack on its own. To make it a fancy dessert serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard. You can also serve this with pancakes, waffles or French toast.
More banana recipes you might like
How To Make Caramelized Banana Recipe on Stove Top?
Slice ripe bananas length wise or roundels. Mix sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Rub the sliced bananas all over the sugar mixture.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter or ghee in a thick cast iron pan. Gently place the bananas and saute in low flame. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sugar caramelizes and glazes over the bananas. Serve hot 🙂
Recipe Notes, Tips and Variations:
Use ripe and sweet bananas for this recipe though over ripe bananas will not hold shape.
I have used light brown sugar in this recipe. You can also use cane sugar, white sugar or even jaggery.
Instead of vanilla cinnamon can be used.
How To Make Caramelized Banana Recipe Step by Step
1. Peel and slice bananas length wise.
2. Mix sugar and vanilla in a bowl and rub it all over the bananas.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons butter or ghee in a thick pan.
4. Place the bananas and saute in low flame.
5. Saute for 5-7 minutes until the sugar caramelizes and form glaze.
6. Serve warm as snack or dessert.
Caramelized Banana Recipe
Easy way to make delicious and hearty caramelized banana on stove top with just 4 ingredients.
- 3-4 ripe bananas medium sized
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- Peel and slice bananas length wise.
- Mix sugar and vanilla in a bowl and rub it all over the bananas.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter or ghee in a thick pan.
- Place the bananas and saute in low flame.
Saute for 5-7 minutes until the sugar caramelizes and form glaze.
- Serve warm as snack or dessert.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou. Do leave a ⋆ rating along with your feedback!