Last updated on May 21st, 2019
Flavored yogurt recipe with fresh seasonal fruits. Yogurt is one of the best probiotic food and these fruit yogurt recipes will make enjoy yogurt even more. Flavored yogurt is in all rage as healthy breakfast or snack. Did you know that you can easily make these fruit yogurt at home with fresh fruits? Here is how to make them in no time at home with more flavoring ideas. Also check out the video for easy understanding!
I recently tasted this epigamia flavored yogurt and liked it. That’s when I thought of making fruit yogurt at home with seasonal fruits. I often make hung curd at home to just mix with honey and serve as dessert. This time I made it a bit more special by adding fresh fruits and it was such a hit.
Healthy, homemade, clean recipe that is gluten free and kid friendly too! Fruit yogurt for the win 🙂
What is flavored yogurt?
A delicious mix of plain thick yogurt with fresh or frozen fruits and some sweetener. It is best to make flavored yogurt at home as we can control the amount of sweetener or sugar in the yogurt.
How long can you store flavored yogurt?
You can prepare different flavors and store in refrigerator for 4-5 days easily. It is a perfect make ahead healthy snack.
You can easily use homemade hung curd instead of greek yogurt for making flavored yogurt. This is something similar to shrikand recipe. I tried mango flavored yogurt and cherry yogurt this time. But you can make so many favored ones with fruits, dry fruits etc.
Ideas for making fruit yogurt recipe.
- Puree 6-7 ripe strawberries and mix with greek yogurt or hung curd. You can add your preferred sweetener.
- Blend thick yogurt with a ripe banana for creamy and rich sweet yogurt.
- Make a puree of fresh and frozen blueberries and stir into the thick yogurt.
This is best suited for breakfast for those who are required to improve probiotics. Other than adding fruits you can also flavor the yogurt in many other ways. You can even jazz it up your favorite spices.
More flavored yogurt ideas:
- Add a dash of salt, roasted cumin powder and pepper powder for Indian style yogurt.
- You can also add some mint coriander leaves or even green chutney for flavorful and spicy yogurt.
- For making chocolate yogurt just mix in some cacao powder or your favorite chocolate spread into thick yogurt.
I like to add 1:1 ratio of fruit puree and yogurt while making flavored yogurt. Adding more fruit may dilute the yogurt. Also instead of pureeing the fruit separately I prefer to use a blender. You can a dash of vanilla if you prefer.
Serve fruit yogurt in breakfast or as snack. Serve chilled for best taste.
Fruit yogurt or flavored yogurt recipe video:
How to make flavored yogurt recipe (step by step)
Mango yogurt recipe.
1. Take 1/2 cup hung curd or greek curd in a mixer or blender jar. To that add 1/2 cup peeled and cubed mangoes, cane sugar or honey.
2. Blend smooth. Serve mango yogurt chilled.
Cherry yogurt recipe.
1. Take 1/2 cup hung curd or greek yogurt in a mixer or grinder jar. To that add 1/2 cup pitted cherries, cane sugar or honey.
2. Blend smooth. Serve cherry yogurt chilled.
Flavored yogurt recipe card below:
Easy and quick recipe for making homemade flavored yogurt or fruit yogurt with fresh c
- 1 cup greek yogurt or hung curd
- 1 cup cubed mangoes peeled and cubed
- sugar or honey to taste
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or hung curd
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries pitted
- sugar or honey to taste
- Take 1/2 cup hung curd or greek curd in a mixer or blender jar. To that add 1/2 cup peeled and cubed mangoes, cane sugar or honey.
- Blend smooth. Serve mango yogurt chilled.
Take 1/2 cup hung curd or greek yogurt in a mixer or grinder jar. To that add 1/2 cup pitted cherries, cane sugar or honey.
- Blend smooth. Serve cherry yogurt chilled.