Paneer kabab recipe with step by step photos. Paneer kabab is a delicious and quick fix snack you can make within 15 minutes if you have paneer in hand. Recently this paneer kabab was served as starter in a buffet and I absolutely loved it. It was so crispy from outside with soft and juicy paneer along with crunchy corn kernels inside. The paneer kabab was made in tandoor and had a wonderful smoky flavor. I was so determined to try these kababs at home. It was very easy to guess the ingredients too. The binding agent was besan or kadalai mavu whose flavor and taste was evident. So the whole recipe seemed quiet easy to try at home.
I had a block of paneer to be used and this paneer kabab recipe was the perfect fit for a quick evening snack. I had corn kernels in hand too. If you do not have corn kernels you can leave it and yet make these paneer kababs. Thegram flour is the binding agent here which also gives a nice flavor. For the outer crust I have used pulsed poha or aval. These days I used this pulsed poha in all cutlet recipes. It is so much better than bread crumbs, corn flour coating or rava. By using poha the cutlets or kababs turn out absolutely crunchy and the texture is also too good. If you are yet to try this in your cutlets recipe you must try out soon!
To make paneer kabab recipe you can either deep fry the shaped kababs, shallow fry them, toast them on tava or bake them. If you electric tandoor you can use it too. Here I have used little oil and cooked them on stove top. The main ingredient is paneer and you can play around with seasoning and other ingredients.
Serve paneer kabab hot with tea or as a starter.
Here is how to make paneer kabab recipe with step by step photos.
If you are looking for more paneer snack recipes do check paneer pakoda, paneerkofta, paneer rolls.
Step by step paneer kabab recipe:
1. Take crumbled or grated paneer in a mixing bowl. Add corn kernels, chopped onions to it. Mix well.
2. Add gram flour, ginger garlic, chopped green chilies, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, salt and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Now add pulsed poha to the corn paneer mixture and mix well like a dough.
4. Shape into 10 equal sized kabab or cutlets.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan. Fry 2 kababs at a time medium flame until golden brown.
6. Serve paneer kabab hot.
Paneer kabab recipe card:
- 1 cup grated paneer
- 3/4 cup sweet corn kernels.
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1/4 cup poha dry roasted and pulsed fine
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger garlic or ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
Take crumbled or grated paneer in a mixing bowl. Add corn kernels, chopped onions to it. Mix well.
Add gram flour, ginger garlic, chopped green chilies, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, salt and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Now add pulsed poha to the corn paneer mixture and mix well like a dough.
Shape into 10 equal sized kabab or cutlets.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan. Fry 2 kababs at a time medium flame until golden brown.
Serve paneer kabab hot.
1.You can even bake or grill the kababs.
2. Easiest way is to deep fry them