Chocolate salami is a delicious, easy no bake dessert from Italy. This chocolate sausage is a crunchy, rich and simple chocolate dessert you can serve with coffee. All you need are 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to whip up this sweet. While most of the recipes call for dark chocolate, you can easily make with just cocoa powder. Read on to know how to make chocolate salami with many variations.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
freezing time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 20 small
- 3 cups crushed digestive biscuits around 20-25
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or pistachios or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder OR use 1.5 cups chopped dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder, milk and sugar
Take around 20 digestive biscuits in a bowl.
Coarsely crush the biscuits and combine with 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds and 1/2 cup raisins. You can crush the biscuits in a food processor or with rolling pin or just by hands. Do not powder them.
Next melt 1/2 cups unsalted butter in a sauce pan.
Add 1/2 cup sugar and mix well.
Add 1/4 cup milk. Next add 1/4 cup sweetened cocoa powder.
Using a wired whisk mix well and make a smooth sauce.
Add the prepared biscuit mixture and mix very quickly.
While the mixture is still warm, knead and shape like a log. Roll in a butter paper and freeze for 2 hours.
Slice and serve chocolate salame as required.
- While making the chocolate sauce, if the consistency is very thick just few tablespoons milk and mix well.
- You can your favorite flavor like vanilla or peppermint while making the sauce.
- add 1 teaspoon coffee to the sauce to deepen the chocolate flavor.
- You can double the recipe
Serving: 20g | Calories: 159kcal