Saffron Tea Recipe
Saffron tea with mint leaves is a soothing and warm drink for upcoming winters. Instead of grabbing a pack of this tea from stores, make best herbal saffron tea at home with this easy recipe. Just some water, fresh saffron strands and mint leaves are all what you need. Absolutely best drink for relaxing and unwinding. Here is how to make saffron tea from scratch with fresh ingredients. Caffeine free vegan & gluten free beverage!
- 3 cups water
- 12 mint leaves
- 3 cardamom pods peel removed and crushed
- 3 cloves crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron strands 4-5 strands per serving
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled and grated
- 1/4 inch cinnamon bark
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- honey or sugar to taste
Combine 3 cups of water, crushed mint leaves and cardamom pods in a sauce pan.
To that add grated ginger and saffron strands.
Start heating and now add a small cinnamon bar.
Continue to cook till the mixture reaches a rolling boil
Then simmer the saffron tea for 2-3 minutes to let the flavors steep in.
Remove from flame and add lemon juice. Add honey or sugar if desired.
Serve saffron tea hot or warm.
- You can add tea leaves if you prefer after boiling the water with spices.
- You can add milk while serving
- The recipe can be doubled or halved.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 29kcal