Jaggery Tea (Gud Ki Chai)
Jaggery tea or gud ki chai is a traditional Indian tea with jaggery and spices. Here we use jaggery known as gud in Hindi as sweetener in chai instead of sugar. This tea has a deep earthy flavor from jaggery and tastes delicious. During winters a cup of gud tea will be a great pick me up evening drink. Here is how to make jaggery tea at home.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 2 green cardamoms crushed
- 2 teaspoons tea leaves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons jaggery powder
To a sauce pan add 3/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder and 2 crushed cardamoms. bring to a boil.
Now add 2 teaspoon tea leaves.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Now add 1/2 cup milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Strain the tea well.
Add 2 teaspoons jaggery powder to a cup. Add strained tea and mix well.
Serve jaggery tea hot.
- You can use any variety of jaggery in this recipe
- Use any non dairy milk for vegan jaggery tea
- You can double or triple this jaggery tea recipe
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 89kcal