Badam kheer recipe, how to make badam kheer recipe with step by step photos. A creamy and rich Indian kheer recipe made with almonds, saffron and sugar. As much rich and royal a dessert can get!
Almond kheer or Badam kheer or badam payasam is much sought after dessert for festivals like Navratri, Diwali, Christmas. We love its nutty flavor and slightly creamy texture at home and I prepare it often.
Traditional kheer recipe is a pudding like sweet made with broken basmati rice. Here in this badam kheer recipe almonds are used instead. Some other popular kheer recipes like badam payasam in the blog are easy paal payasam, almond coconut payasam, sabudana kheer
Badam kheer is a thick and creamier version of badam paal or badam milk recipe. Badam milk can be a good healthy everyday drink for toddlers and kids. But this kheer is a rich and creamy Indian almond dessert best served after a rich party meal or festival meal.
You can serve badam kheer warm or chilled. I personally prefer chilled badam kheer. Making badam kheer is easy if you blanched almonds ready. This is the traditional badam kheer recipe and tastes just like some north Indian sweet stalls.
There are many variation with this recipe and also some tips when you are making for a crowd. Please do check below.
Variations and tips for best badam kheer recipe.
- First of all when making this kheer for a crowd you can go ahead and add some sago pearls, basmati rice and also vermicelli. This gives more volume tot he kheer.
- As a flavor variations I sometimes add few teaspoons of rose syrup while making this kheer.
- Instead of saffron you can also kewra essence.
- Finally condensed milk adds a creamy texture but it is optional.
To make badam kheer recipe we need blanched almonds, milk, sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and some slivered nuts for garnish. I have added 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk. Sweetened condensed milk in badam kheer increases the richness and thickness. I suggest you grind the grind the blanched almonds into a very smooth paste for thick and creamy kheer.
If you want very thick kheer decrease the quantity of milk by 1/2 cup. For thinner consistency increase milk by 1/2 cup. The quantity of sugar can also be increased or decreased. This recipe can be doubled or tripled too.
Also please note that the kheer thickens considerably on cooling.
Serve warm or chilled as dessert after a rich meal.
more easy badam recipes
badam katli, badam halwa, badam chutney recipes.
How to make badam kheer recipe with step by step photos.
Bring milk to a boil and cool down a bit.
Blanch and peel the almonds
Take blanched almonds, saffron and 1/4 cup milk in a mixer jar. Grind to a smooth paste.
Add condensed milk and sugar to the remaining milk.
Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the almond paste and mix thoroughly. Simmer for 10-15 minutes as per preferred thickness.
Add cardamom powder and mix well. Cool down a bit and refrigerate of desired.
Garnish with chopped nuts, some saffron and serve badam kheer as dessert.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also stay connected with me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and recipes.
Badam payasam or Badam kheer recipe card below:
Badam Kheer Recipe | How To Make Badam Kheer
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 500 ml Milk full fat
- 25 almonds
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds blanched and peeled
- Bring milk to a boil and cool down a bit.Blanch and peel the almonds
- Take blanched almonds, saffron and 1/4 cup milk in a mixer jar. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Add condensed milk and sugar to the remaining milk.
- Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the almond paste and mix thoroughly. Simmer for 10-15 minutes as per preferred thickness.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Cool down a bit and refrigerate of desired.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, some saffron and serve badam kheer as dessert.
Leave a Reply