Last updated on September 24th, 2019
Carrot kheer recipe or carrot payasam recipe with step wise photos. A delicious Indian kheer recipe prepared with carrots and milk. This carrot kheer recipe tastes excellent and suitable for all festivals. Also this carrot payasam recipe is a healthy and delicious drink for toddlers and kids.
This carrot kheer recipe is a very easy one. Carrots are rich in fiber,vitamins and also very good for eye sight. Kids will love to have this kheer as it is very delicious and also you can sneak in a good dose of carrots in their diet. You can serve this carrot payasam in breakfast for kids.
How To Make Carrot Kheer Recipe?
You can make this carrot payasam in many ways. Here I am sharing an easy method that you can make in 15 minutes. Along with carrots I have used few blanched and peeled almonds. Addition of almonds makes this kheer more nutty, creamy and delicious.
To make carrot kheer first of all pressure cook 2 large carrot and peel them. Blanch and peel 15 almonds. Grind these to a fine paste along with required sugar. Bring 2 cups whole milk to a boil. Simmer it for 10 minutes to reduce the volume a bit. Add the ground paste and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Serve hot or chilled.
How To Make Vegan Carrot Kheer?
To make this carrot kheer vegan you can use coconut milk or almond milk. After adding the ground carrots just simmer the almond milk or coconut milk for 2-3 minutes. Do not boil it.
Can I Make Carrot Kheer With Jaggery?
Yes, you can easily replace sugar with jageery in carrot kheer. Use 1/2 cup powdered jaggery for 2 cups milk or coconut milk.
Mix jaggery powder with 1/4 cup water, dissolve well and filter the impurities first. Bring this jaggery syrup to a boil. Add boiled milk and mix well. Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Add ground carrot and mix well. Simmer for 5 more minutes and remove from flame.
Variations With Carrot Kheer Recipe.
- First of all use sweet delhi carrots or Delhi gajar if available for this kheer. They lend more sweetness and color to the kheer.
- I like to add some blanched almonds while making carrot payasam as almonds give a nutty flavor and richness. You can also use cashews.
- To make this kheer more rich and creamy use 2-3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.
- While making carrot kheer for crowd you can use some basmati rice grits or sago pearls for more volume.
Serve carrot kheer warm or chilled. You can also serve this as dessert n dinner.
Serve carrot kheer hot or cold as per your preference.
More easy payasam reipes:
How To Make Carrot Kheer Recipe (Step by step)
1. Soak 10-15 almonds in hot milk/water for 15 minutes. In the mean time pressure cook 2 big carrots until soft. Peel the carrots and almonds.
2. Grind carrot and almonds to a smooth paste along with sugar.
3. Bring 2 cups of milk to a boil. Add the ground aste and simmer for 10 minutes. Once the kheer reaches the desired consistency add cardamom powder and remove from flame. Garnish with saffron and serve carrot kheer.
Carrot Kheer Recipe
Carrot kheer recipe| Navarathri 2015 recipes
- 2 big carrots
- 10-15 almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar adjust
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- few saffron strands
- Soak 10-15 almonds in hot milk/water for 15 minutes. In the mean time pressure cook 2 big carrots until soft. Peel the carrots and almonds.
- Grind carrot and almonds to a smooth paste along with sugar.
- Bring 2 cups of milk to a boil. Add the ground aste and simmer for 10 minutes. Once the kheer reaches the desired consistency add cardamom powder and remove from flame. Garnish with saffron and serve carrot kheer.
2. Along with saffron you can add slivered almonds while serving.
3. Simmer until the kheer is as thick or thin as you prefer.