Last updated on May 20th, 2019
Chocolate sandwich recipe- easy and quick breakfast or snack with chocolate spread and bananas. This easy chocolate sandwich will be a super hit with every one and especially toddlers and kids will just love this!
Chocolate sandwich recipe is an occasional treat at our home. I prepare this especially during holidays so that the kid can enjoy thoroughly. I just add some sliced fruits like banana or strawberries to make this sandwich more hearty.
There are many ways to make chocolate sandwich recipe. I usually take the easy route and make it with my homemade nutella or chocolate spread. Especially when made with homemade clean chocolate spread this sandwich is healthy and safe for toddlers and kids.
Variations with chocolate sandwich recipe
- Instead of chocolate spread you can use chopped dark chocolate. You can just chop bittersweet chocolate and use it if you do not prefer too much of sweet.
- To make the filling more interesting you can use chopped almonds and pistachios along with fruits. while for making for toddlers you can grate or very finely chop the nuts.
- You can add chocolate chips too in this recipe
- Even chocolate sauce goes well instead of chocolate spread.
- If you wish you can use peanut butter or mix of chocolate spread and peanut butter to make this sandwich.
- You can also serve as open toast or open sandwich.
Now in this chocolate sandwich recipe I have used just 1 tablespoon nutella per sandwich. This is not a sandwich oozing with chocolate. while you can always increase the amount of chocolate spread I suggest this is the best way to serve to toddlers and kids.
To make these chocolate sandwich all you need are bread slices, nutella and ripe banana. I have used some butter for toasting. You can also use ghee. I have used wheat bread here, you can use any type of bread you like.
Serve chocolate sandwich immediately once prepared or you can also pack it lunch. Especially if you are packing for lunch do not make it with more spread as it will create a mess while eating.
More sandwich recipes for breakfast you might like:
How to make chocolate sandwich video:
How to make chocolate sandwich recipe (step by step)
1. First of all place two bread slices on a plate. Spread 1 tablespoon nutella on each slice.
2. Place chopped bananas and cover with another bread slice. Press gently.
3. Heat a tava or griddle. Once the tava is medium hot spread some butter all over. Place the prepared sandwiches and press slightly.
4. Cook in medium flame for a minute. Flip and cook till the bread turns crispy and golden. Finally you can add more butter if required. Serve hot or warm.
Chocolate sandwich recipe card below:
Chocolate Sandwich Recipe
- 4 slices of bread white or brown
- 2 tablespoons chocolate spread nutella or any chocolate nut spread
- 1 small banana ripe, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter to toast
- Place two bread slices on a plate. Spread 1 tablespoon nutella on each slice.
- Place chopped bananas and cover with another bread slice. Press gently
- Heat a tava or griddle. Once the tava is medium hot spread some butter all over. Place the prepared sandwiches and press slightly.
- Cook in medium flame for a minute. Flip and cook till the bread turns crispy and golden. Add more butter if required. Serve hot or warm.