Last updated on December 29th, 2017
Bombay veg sandwich recipe with step by step photos. Tasty veg sandwich recipe from the streets of Mumbai. Easy to make tasty mumbai veg sandwich recipe for breakfast.
Bombay sandwich recipe with step by step photos. Bombay grilled sandwich recipe is one among popular Indian street food recipes. This veg sandwich recipe is a perfect filling breakfast. I love this Bombay sandwich recipe so much. I used to have this veg sandwich regularly for breakfast while I was working. We like our Bombay veg sandwich grilled. There used to many variations of Bombay sandwich at the office canteen. Plain veg sandwich, cheese veg sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich etc. I always preferred grilled veg Bombay sandwich without cheese.
This veg sandwich from Bombay is something we love at home too. I make these often with my homemade white bread or multi grain bread. I also make a variation of this recipe- Bombay toast masala sandwich which is equally delicious. Few other tasty sandwich recipes we like are potato sandwich, corn spinach sandwich, paneer sandwich, mayo sandwich, cream cheese sandwich, onion sandwich, pav sandwich
This Bombay sandwich recipe is a famous Mumbai street food. This simple and tasty veg sandwich is a favorite among most Indians. I prefer to have these veg sandwich from small sandwich stalls rather than posh restaurants.
Bombay veg sandwich is made with white bread always. You can very well use wheat bread, brown bread slices too but authentic veg sandwich from Bombay is made with white bread. Green chutney is smeared on buttered bread slices first. Sliced vegetables are arranged and further topped with a buttered bread slice. Traditional veg sandwich is served plain. However we like our veg sandwich toasted or grilled.
Green chutney and butter are two ingredients that gives the taste and flavor to Bombay veg sandwich. I prefer to use amul salted butter for veg sandwich recipe. I also use a spicy sandwich masala powder for extra punch. You can also add roasted cumin powder or chaat masala powder for extra spice.
To make veg sandwich recipe we like to use boiled sliced potatoes, carrots and cucumber. Raw beetroot slices, capsicum rings can also be used. You can also add raw onion rings. If you prefer you can also add a cheese slice on the top of vegetables.
To make bombay sandwich easily you can prepare the green chutney a day ahead. You can serve veg sandwich for breakfast with masala chai or coffee. You can also pack this in kid’s lunch or toddler’s snack box.
Vegans can use vegan butter to toast the sandwich
Bombay veg sandwich recipe card below:
Bombay veg sandwich recipe- delicious and flavoful veg sandwich recipe from the streets of MUmbai. Popular Bombay sandwich recipe grilled version.
- 12 white bread slices
- 1 large potato boiled,peeled and sliced thin
- 2 to matoes sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium onions sliced into round
- 1/2 capsicum sliced into rounds optional
- chaat masala powder
- pepper powder
- Salted butter
- For green chutney
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves washed,and roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch mint leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For green chutney:
- Grind all the ingredients expect lemon juice into a thick paste with very less water. just add 1-2 tablespoon water as you grind to ease the grinding,the chutney should be easily spreadable and not runny. finally add the lemon juice and mix well. Set aside or store refrigerated.
- Take a bread slice and spread softened butter over it. Now add 1-2 teaspoons green chutney and spread.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes,cucumber,onion and capsicum. Sprinkle little chaat masala powder,pepper powder.
- Take another bread slice and sandwich the veggies. Gently spread some butter over it. Repeat the same with all the bread slices to get 6 sandwich.
- Toast the sandwich in a electric grill/stove top grill or grill plate in a sandwich maker till the bread becomes slightly golden brown. Serve bombay grilled sandwich hot with mint chutney/sauce immediately.
1.Butter gives the authentic taste and flavor to this recipe,if you don't have butter you can add ghee but definitely do not add oil to toast the sandwich.
2.you can ad thinly sliced beets along with other veggies.
3. Here I have grilled the sandwich for a short time. If you want your sandwich crispy you can grill till they become golden brown.
4. Do not miss to sprinkle chaat powder and pepper powder over the veggies as they really add a zing