Last updated on May 24th, 2019
Corn fritters recipe with step by step photos. Corn fritters recipe or sweet corn fritters recipe is a popular snack around the globe. Usually eggs are used in making corn fritters. Corn fritters recipe I am sharing today is more of Indian version.
I usually make sweet corn vada whenever I have excess corn. This time I had some zucchini too, so made these easy corn fritters. Instead of deep frying or pan frying I have used appe pan/ paniyarakal to make these corn fritters. By using appe pan you can make very crispy fritters with very less oil.
This corn fritters recipe is fairly simple. You need just 15 minutes to get the mixture ready. If you do not have zucchini you can grated cucumber, cabbage or just corn and onion too. I have used minimum seasoning here. You can increase or change the seasoning as per your taste. As I said above I have used my appe pan for frying these. You can deep fry the fritters too if you wish. One more option would be shallow frying in a pan. Frying corn fritters i appe pan or shallow frying takes more time than deep frying. Since we use less oil, the frying should be done in mediul flame with frequent flipping.
To make corn fritters recipe I have used boiled sweet corn kernels, grated zucchini, onion, green chilli, ginger garlic and cilantro leaves. I have kept the spice level to minimum too. If you wish you can add pepper powder, cumin, chilli powder etc. Some corn flour is added for binding. You can even add gram flour or rice flour instead of corn flour. Do not add water in the veg mixture. Grated zucchini leaves out water and that is enough for mixing and binding. Corn kernels tend to pop up so make sure you stand a feet away while frying. If you are a beginner cook, you can just pulse the boiled corn once and then make corn fritters.
Serve corn fritters immediately after making with tea or coffee.
here is how to make corn fritters recipe with step by step photos. Do try this easy no deep fry snack during a rainy day and enjoy!
Step by step corn fritters recipe.
1. Pressure cook sweet corn kernels with enough water for upto3 whistles. Drain and keep the cooked corn closed until use.
2. In a mixing bowl, add chopped onions and cooked sweet corn.
3. Add grated zucchini, chopped cilantro leaves, crushed ginger garlic and chopped green chilies. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Add 3 tablespoons corn flour, salt to taste. Mix well.
5. Heat a paniyarakal and add few drops of oil in each mould.
6. Spoon in the prepared batter and cook in mdeium flame for 3-4 minutes.
7. Flip and cook the other side. Flip again and cook till golden brown. Repeat the same with remaining batter. Serve corn fritters hot.
Corn fritters recipe card below:
corn fritters recipe | No deep fry sweet corn fritters recipe
- 1 12 cups boiled sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger and garlic
- 3 tablespoons corn flour/gram flour/rice flour
- Pressure cook sweet corn kernels with enough water for upto3 whistles. Drain and keep the cooked corn closed until use.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped onions and cooked sweet corn.
- Add grated zucchini, chopped cilantro leaves, crushed ginger garlic and chopped green chilies. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons corn flour, salt to taste. Mix well.
- Heat a paniyarakal and add few drops of oil in each mould.
- Spoon in the prepared batter and cook in medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side. Flip again and cook till golden brown. Repeat the same with remaining batter. Serve corn fritters hot.
2. Exercise caution while frying whole corns. If you wish you can pulse it in mixer before adding the other ingredients.
3. You can grated veggies like carrot, cabbage too.