Last updated on May 20th, 2019
Chilli baby corn recipe– A very crispy baby corn starter recipe with just very few ingredients. Chilli baby corn is one of the popular baby corn snacks recipes from Indo chinese cuisine. Do try this out as snack or starter!
Crispy chilli baby corn recipe with step wise photos. Today I am sharing an easy baby corn starter recipe with you all. This crispy chilli baby corn is one of the popular baby corn snacks from Indo Chinese cuisine just like gobi manchurian, baby corn manchurian, chilli potato, crispy corn recipes. Indo chinese chilli recipes are especially popular among Indian street foods.
This is a very easy recipe for crispy chilli baby corn. Usually these kind of starter recipes call for deep frying. But as you know me well that I always opt for shallow frying whenever I can. Here also I have shallow fried the baby corn in this easy baby corn recipe. Baby corn especially tastes very crunchy even while shallow fried.
The main ingredient for crispness in this recipe is corn flour. You have to use 3/4th amount of corn flour and 1/4th amount of all purpose flour/maida for crispy baby corns. One more thing to note is you can make the sauce/masala ahead and fry the baby corns too. Just toss them together before serving, this makes the easy,perfect chilli baby corn recipe 🙂
Tips for making best chilli baby corn recipe:
- The quantity of corn flour should not be reduced as it makes the baby corn very crispy.
- If you want to retain the crispiness of baby corn for a long then use rice flour instead of corn flour.
- All indo chinese chilli dish tastes good when made a bit spicier.
Making chilli baby corn recipe is easy with just few ingredients. You can prepare this as snack or also as side dish for veg fried rice and noodles. This snack is always a great hit especially with toddlers and kids. Further more this crispy baby corn chilli will be a great party starter.
Here I have par boiled the baby corns for just 2-3 minutes. If you cook for more time the baby corn will loose their crunchiness. The other ingredients that go into the making of this easy baby corn recipe are the usual fare, ginger,garlic,soy sauce,salt,pepper and sugar. Do try this simple crispy chilli baby corn fry recipe and tell me how you liked it.
How to make chilli baby corn recipe – step by step directions:
1. First of all peel and chop the baby corn into 1 inch pieces.
2. Bring plenty of water in a vessel and par boil the cut baby corns for 3-4 minutes. Drain and wipe gently with a kitchen towel.
3. Take maida,corn flour,pepper powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add baby corn pieces and mi well. Add just 1-2 tablespoons water for binding.
4. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and shallow fry the batter coated baby corns till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
5. In the same pan retain 2-3 teaspoons oil. Saute ginger and garlic till nice aroma wafts out. Add green chillies and saute.
6. Next add chopped spring onion whites and saute for 3-4 minutes.
7. Then add the cubed bell peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes.
8. Now add soy sauce,sugar,pepper powder and mix well . Cook in high flame for 2-3 minutes.
9. Finally add fried baby corns,toss well and serve crispy chilli baby corn hot immediately.
If you’ve tried this chilli baby corn recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and recipes.
Chilli baby corn recipe details below:
Chilli Baby Corn Recipe | Easy Baby Corn Recipes
For crispy baby corns:
- 10-12 baby corns
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Oil for shallow frying
For the sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper cubed
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger-garlic
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- spring onion greens for garnishing
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- For crispy baby corns
- Peel and chop the baby corns into 1 inch pieces.
- Par boil the chopped baby corns for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and wipe gently with a kitchen towel.
- Heat oil for shallow frying.
- Take both the flours,salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well and add the cut baby corns.
- Shallow fry the batter coated baby corns in hot oil until golden brown. Drain and set aside till we make the sauce.
- For the sauce:
- In the same pan remove excess oil retaining 2-3 teaspoons of oil
- Add the crushed ginger garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add the spring onion whites and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cubed bell pepper and saute well in high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce,salt,sugar,pepper powder and mix well.Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fried baby corns and toss well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens .
- Serve crispy chilli baby corn immediately.
2. You can deep fry the baby corns too.
3. You can use rice flour instead of corn flour.