Flax seeds podi recipe or flax seeds powder recipe with step by step photos. Sharing a very healthy, flavorful and tasty chutney powder recipe or milagai podi recipe for idli with flax seeds and copious amount of curry leaves.
I have been meaning to make this healthy variants of idli podi for a long time. I bought a pack of flax seeds just for making this flax seeds powder recipe but kept forgetting. Yesterday I was cleaning the pantry and found this unopened pack of flax seeds. I immediately made this flavorful flax seeds powder recipe for idli.
We all know that flax seeds are very healthy and rich in omega 3 fatty acids. There are tons of information about flax seeds that those who are interested can read. I will just say it is a very healthy ingredient to include in your diet.Flax seeds podi or flax seeds powder for idli is an easy and tasty way to include these seeds in your diet. There are also other ways like flax seeds smoothie, adding them in your baking recipes to include them in your diet.
To make flax seeds powder recipe for idli I have used a good amount of curry leaves along with other ingredients. Curry leaves a very nice flavor and along with it the nutty taste of flax seeds makes this podi very tasty one. I like to make idli podi a bit coarse rather than a very fine powder. The proportions I have given here are guidelines. You ca vary according to your taste. If you are using flax seeds for the first time you can add 1/2 cup and increase next time.
Store flax seeds powder sirtight and serve mixed with gingely oil for idli.
Here is how to make flax seeds powder recipe for idli with step by step photos.
Step by step flax seeds powder recipe.
1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a kadai. Add tamarind, red chilies and asafoetida. Saute well. Remove to a plate.
2.In the same kadai add measured flax seeds, urad dal, channa dal and methi seeds. Saute till aromatic and color turns golden brown. Remove to the same plate along with chilies.
3. In the same kadai saute the curry leaves.
4. Cool all the ingredients and grind to a coarse/ fine powder along salt. Serve flax seeds powder with idli.
Flax seeds powder recipe card below:
Flax seeds podi recipe | Flax seeds powder recipe for idli
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 3/4 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup channa dal
- 3/4 cup curry leaves loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon methi seeds
- 18-20 red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- small piece of tamarind
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a kadai. Add tamarind, red chilies and asafoetida. Saute well. Remove to a plate.
- In the same kadai add measured flax seeds, urad dal, channa dal and methi seeds. Saute till aromatic and color turns golden brown. Remove to the same plate along with chilies
- In the same kadai saute the curry leaves.
- Cool all the ingredients and grind to a coarse/ fine powder along salt. Serve flax seeds powder with idli