Homemade cheese spread recipe with step by step photos. An easy to make, very healthy and safe homemade cheese spread with vegetables for toddlers and kids. Cheese spreads come in very handy for fixing quick sandwiches or even spread on crackers or roti, etc. Toddlers and kids usually like cheesy spreads too. I have already shared some favorite spreads like nutella, strawberry jam recipes here.
I always wanted to try this homemade cheese spread after I made these cream cheese sandwiches. I have added loads of veggies to make this homemade cream cheese colorful and very nutritious too.
This cream cheese sandwich spread was a super hit at home. So creamy, flavorful and rich with subtle flavor of herbs, this spread lasted only for 2 days, but you can store this refrigerator easily for 2 weeks.
Apart from using as sandwich spread I also made a dosa with this cheese spread and grated cheese.
To make this recipe vegan just use any soft vegan cheese or even silken tofu.
This Homemade Cheese Spread Recipe Is
Quick, easy & simple to make
preservative and fillers free
loaded with veggies
tastes yummy & rich
always a hit with kids
To make homemade cheese spread, I used plain cream cheese. You can easily use hung curd in place of cream cheese and it will be delicious too.
I used bell peppers, onions and carrot. You can use beetroot, broccoli and zucchini too for making this cheese spread. Any dried herbs of your choice along with salt and pepper can used for seasoning.
Serve cheese spread as dip with crackers or use as sandwich spread. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Keeps well for 3-4 days.
Step By Step Cheese Spread Recipe
1. Add cream cheese in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds to just make it soft and creamy.
2. Add the diced vegetables, salt, pepper powder, dried herbs and olive oil. Adjust seasoning as per taste and store in airtight container.
3. Process for 1-2 minutes at intervals to get blend everything together.
4. Use as sandwich spread or dip with crackers.
Homemade Cheese Spread Recipe
Homemade cheese spread recipe | Sandwich spread recipe with vegetables
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 200 grams cream cheese Or Vegan cheese or silken tofu
- 1 cup diced vegetables carrot, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, tomatoes, broccoli etc.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Dried basil oregano or rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Take the cream cheese in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds to just make it soft and creamy.
- Add the diced vegetables, salt, pepper powder, dried herbs and olive oil. Process for 1-2 minutes at intervals to get blend everything together. Adjust seasoning as per taste and store in airtight container.
- Use as sandwich spread or dip with crackers.
2. Hung curd can be used in place of cream cheese