Last updated on October 17th, 2019
Magizhampoo murukku recipe with step by step photos. Sharing a traditional murukku recipe made in Tamil homes for festivals like diwali, navratri etc. Magizhampoo murukku or magizhampoo thenkuzhal is a very flavorful and pretty looking chakli made with rice flour, moong dal flour and besan. It gets its name from the flower magizhampoo. There are two ways to prepare this murukku. One is the simple recipe I am sharing here and other one is with coconut milk and sugar candy.
To make magizhampoo murukku I have used melted butter. You can even use hot oil. The nozzle with one big star is used for this murukku recipe. This magizhampoo murukku is a must for diwali snacks along with thenkuzhal, mullu murukku, mysorepak, jangri, ashoka halwa, karaboondi, thattai recipes.
Serve magizhampoo murukku as snack with coffee. If you are looking for more easy murukku recipes do check butter muruuku, ragi murukku, potato murukku, verkadalai murukku, pottukadalai murukku, cashew murukku recipes.
How to make magizhampoo murukku recipe with step by step photos.
Mix all the ingredients except water and oil.
Add required water and make a soft yet stiff dough.
heat oil for deep frying. Grease a plate and pipe the dough into a chakli.
Carefully slide into the hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown and sizzling sound ceases. Serve as snack.
Magizhampoo murukku recipe card below:
Magizhampoo murukku recipe | magizhampoo thenkuzhal recipe | Diwali 2017 recipes
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup roasted moong dal flour
- 1/2 cup roasted gram flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder optional
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients except water and oil.
- Add required water and make a soft yet stiff dough.
- heat oil for deep frying. Grease a plate and pipe the dough into a chakli.
- Carefully slide into the hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown and sizzling sound ceases. Serve as snack.