Last updated on May 19th, 2019
Mango pudding recipe with video and step by step photos. This vegetarian mango pudding is one of the easy mango dessert that you can make in 15 minutes. This sliky and soft mango pudding is perfect dessert after a nice meal during summers.
This is a truly delicious mango pudding that I look forward to make every mango season. Mango pairs up really well with agar agar and you can make many simple desserts with mango and agar flakes. Last year I shared a thai style mango coconut jelly cubes which a must try as well.
For making mango pudding gelatin is used widely. Here to make it vegetarian I have used agar agar flakes. If you have agar agar powder then you can use also use it. You can adjust the quantity of agar agar as per your preference.
Making mango pudding is easy and even beginners can make it successfully. With very few ingredients you can make a very tasty and elegant dessert that fits well for any special occasion. Furthermore you can easily vary the ingredients and customize the dessert as per your preference.
Tips and variations with mango pudding recipe.
- Here I have used 3 teaspoons of agar agar to make a firm pudding. You can reduce the quantity of agar agar by 2 teaspoons to make soft pudding.
- To make vegan mango pudding just use coconut milk in place of regular dairy milk. Also you can use coconut cream to make it more rich.
- Instead of vanilla you can add cardamom or nutmeg powder.
- Use ripe and sweet mango that is not fibrous for this recipe.
- Finally you can also use tinned mango pulp in this recipe.
I have used alphonso mangoes in this pudding recipe as they lend a vibrant color. If you are not particular about the color then you can use any kind of sweet mango in this recipe.
Once prepared let the mango pudding set in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Do not deep freeze the pudding.
Serve eggless mango pudding chilled as dessert.
More mango recipes you might like:
Mango pudding video recipe:
How to make mango pudding recipe
1. First of all soak agar agar flakes in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes.
2. In the mean time bring milk to a boil. Add fresh cream, condensed milk and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the soaked agar agar and mix thoroughly. Cook in low flame for 5-10 minutes until the agar flakes dissolve completely.
4. let the milk mixture cool for few minutes. While the milk is cooling puree peeled and roughly chopped mangoes along with condensed milk.
5. Combine mango puree with milk. Mix very well.
6. Quickly divide the mixture into 5 or 6 dessert bowls. Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Serve with roasted nuts and some fresh mango chunks.
Mango pudding recipe card:
Mango Pudding Recipe (With agar agar)
For mango puree
- 3 small mangoes ripe, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
For mango pudding
- 2 cups milk full fat
- 3 teaspoons agar agar flakes
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- fresh mango chunks
- roasted pistachios
To make mango puree
- Puree peeled and roughly chopped mangoes along with condensed milk.
For making mango pudding mixture
- First of all soak agar agar flakes in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes
- In the mean time bring milk to a boil. Add fresh cream, condensed milk and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the soaked agar agar and mix thoroughly. Cook in low flame for 5-10 minutes until the agar flakes dissolve completely.
- Combine mango puree with milk. Mix very well.
- Quickly divide the mixture into 5 or 6 dessert bowls. Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Serve with roasted nuts and some fresh mango chunks.