Traditionally paneer tawa masala recipe is prepared on tava. Usually this paneer tawa masala is prepared with pav bhaji masala just like tawa pulao. Paneer tawa masala recipe is a delicious paneer recipe made easily within 20 minutes. Like many paneer recipe, there are two variations in this paneer tawa masala recipe too. You can make dry paneer tawa fry or paneer tawa masala curry. Both taste delicious and flavorful.
Paneer tawa masala recipe is one of the easiest paneer recipes you could make. I often make this easy paneer recipe for weeknight dinner. You could serve this paneer masala with rice or roti. I sometimes use this as filling for wrap too. You can even make quick sandwich with tawa paneer masala recipe. You can make paneer tawa masala recipe even with left over bhaji after making pav bhaji. This masala tastes good even after cooling. You can even pack this tiffin. Paneer is an excellent source of protein for toddlers and kids. Most of them love paneer. You can try such psneer recipes for them to keep up their interest.
To make paneer tawa masala recipe use homemade paneer if possible. if using store bought paneer, keep the vubes in hot water until use. The consistency of masala for paneer tawa masala recipe is a personal choice. You can make a gravy or semi dry tawa paneer masala. I make it like curry as I serve this masala with rotis.
Here is how to make paneer tawa masala recipe with step by step photos.
If you are looking for more paneer recipes do check paneer mutter, kadai paneer, palak paneer
How to make paneer tawa masala recipe
1. Blanch and puree the tomatoes. Cut the paneer into bite sized cubes and set aside.
2. Heat a tawa or pan. Add butter and let it melt. Temper with cumin seeds. Add crushed ginger-garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add green chilies and saute well.
3. Add sliced onions and saute till translucent. Add the cubed bell peppers and saute for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the tomato puree and a pinch of sugar. Cook in medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the spice powders. Season with salt. Mix well and cook till the tomato puree thickens well.
6. Add the cubed paneer and mix gently without breaking the cubes. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
7. Add crushed kasuri methi and remove from flame. Serve paneer tawa masala hot with rice/roti.
Paneer tawa masala recipe card below:
Paneer tawa masala recipe | Paneer recipes
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 3/4 cup paneer/cottage cheese cubes
- 2 large tomatoes blanched,peeled and pureed
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed kasuri methi
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushe ginger-garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Blanch and puree the tomatoes. Cut the paneer into bite sized cubes and set aside.
- Heat a tawa or pan and add some butter. Once the butter melts.temper with cumin seeds. Add crushed ginger-garlic,green chilies and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add sliced onions and saute till translucent. Add the cubed bell peppers and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and a pinch of sugar. Cook in medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt,coriander powder,turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala. Mix well and cook till the tomato puree thickens well.
- Add the cubed paneer and mix gently without breaking the cubes. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add crushed kasuri methi and remove from flame. Serve paneer tawa masala hot with rice/roti
2. You can even saute the paneer cubes in some butter before adding to the gravy