Last updated on June 12th, 2019
Pizza toast recipe– a very quick and easy recipe of pizza toast that you can make for breakfast or after school snack. You can add any of your favorite toppings in this easy pizza. This super quick snack will be a hit with everyone for sure 🙂 Here is how to make it in an oven or on stove top!
This pizza toast recipe comes super handy when that sudden pizza cravings hit you. When you do not have the time to make classic pizza dough or when delivery is not an option, this recipe is a win. I have made this many times with varied toppings and it is a hit every time.
I usually make this pizza toast in oven as the hands on time is very less. However you can easily make on stove top.
How To Make Pizza Toast On Stove Top.
- Heat a thick tava or griddle for 5 minutes.
- Toast the bread slices from both sides until they crisp up.
- Now spread the sauce and arrange the topings.
- Place the bread slices back in the hot tava and cover. Cook in medium-low flame for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts.
While making this recipe I prefer to sneak in as much veggies as I can as toppings. I have recently started to use fresh mozzarella and it goes wonderfully well with veggies in this pizza toast. I have used colored peppers and baby corns as topping this time. More ideas below:
More Ideas For Pizza Toast Recipe:
- For toppings you can use jalapenos, pineapple, fresh or dried olives, onions, paneer etc.
- For sauce you can use classic pizza sauce if you it handy. Other options would be white sauce, any pesto or even tomato sauce. A good drizzle of fine olive oil is best too.
- Here I have fresh mozzarella. You can also use four cheese, feta also for different flavor.
Tips For Making Best Pizza Toast:
- Make sure to use good quality bread. You can use white or any whole grain bread too.
- Toast the plain bread slices for 3-4 minutes until they crisp up. By doing this the toast will not turn soggy after adding toppings.
- You can broil the toast for 2 minutes if you want the cheese to be gooey.
Serve pizza toast with a salad and soup for dinner. You can also serve this with some milkshake or juice for breakfast or as such for snack.
More Pizza Recipes:
How To Make Pizza Toast Recipe Step By Step
1. Preheat oven at 190C.
2. Arrange bread slices on a slightly greased tray. Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes until the bread slices crisp up.
3. Now spread the pizza sauce over the slices. Arrange the toppings and add grated cheese. Also add pizza seasoning.
4. Return to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. You may also broil for 2-3 minutes at the end. Once the edges turn crispy and cheese melts it is ready. Serve warm.
Pizza Toast Recipe:
Pizza Toast Recipe
- 4 bread slices any type
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese divided
- 1/2 cup cubed bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corns
- Pizza seasoning
- Preheat oven at 190C.
- Arrange bread slices on a slightly greased tray. Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes until the bread slices crisp up.
- Now spread the pizza sauce over the slices. Arrange the toppings and add grated cheese. Also add pizza seasoning.
- Return to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. You may also broil for 2-3 minutes at the end. Once the edges turn crispy and cheese melts it is ready. Serve warm.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou.