Potato lollipop is a delicious evening snacks recipes you can make with boiled potatoes. This super quick evening snacks gets ready in 15 minutes and tastes delicious.
This will attract toddlers and kids as it is fun and easy to eat. You can make so many variations with this recipe too. Read on to know how to make this easy potato snack recipe.
Potato lollipop recipe is one more easy finger food recipes for toddlers/kids. When it comes to feeding a toddler, variety plays a huge role. It could be the same ingredients and spices,but the way you present it counts a lot, just like this in recipe.
This is a real fun food for toddlers and kids with two filling ingredients-potato,carrot and bread. Very very simple and quick to make,this potato lollipop will be a great after school snack or even breakfast.
Just keep this recipe as a guideline and feel free to change the spices. Here I have used bread as binding agent,you could use oats,poha or even sooji as binding agent.
I make this very often as after school snack for my daughter. Sometimes I use a mix of vegetables and vary the seasoning. I even use leftover potato fry or aloo gobi to make this snack. It tastes delicious in all ways.
Try out this easy and delicious potato balls recipe for your evening snacks with tea or serve with milkshake for toddlers and kids.
This Potato Lollipop Is
Super quick and easy to make
wholesome and healthy
perfect after school snack for kids
vegan and gluten free
ready in 20 minutes
How To Make Potato Lollipop
1. Boil and peel the potatoes and carrots. Mash well
2. Add crushed ginger-cilantro-green chillies paste,salt,chaat masala and cumin powder.
3. Soak the bread slices in water for 2-3 minutes, squeeze the water well and ad to the potato mixture.
Add corn flour and mix well.Mix well to form a dough.
4. Shape into small potato balls from the dough
shallow fry from both sides till golden.
Let it cool for 5 minutes. Now insert lollipop sticks or snack pickers into each lollipop.
Serve potato balls hot with ketchup.
Potato Lollipop Recipe
Potato lollipop recipe | Easy finger food recipes
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 2 large potatoes boiled and peeled
- 1 large carrot boiled and peeled
- 3 bread slices
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 small piece ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Few springs of cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- Oil for shallow frying
- Boil and peel the potatoes and carrots. Mash well. Crsuh peeled ginger,green chillies and cilantro in mortar and pestle.
- Add crushed ginger-cilantro-green chillies paste,salt,chaat masala and cumin powder.
- Soak the bread slices in water for 2-3 minutes,squeeze the water well and ad to the potato mixture. Add corn flour and mix well.Mix well to form a dough.
- Shape into small lollipops from the dough and shallow fry from both sides till golden.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes. Now insert lollipop sticks or snack pickers into each lollipop.
- Serve potato lollipop hot with ketchup.
2.You can add amchur instead of chaat masala