Other ingredients in sabudana chivda recipe.
Store sabudana chivda in airtight box and it keeps well for 10 days. Serve with tea or as side dish.
More chivda recipes:
Sabudana chivda recipe card below:
Sabudana Chivda Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1.5 cups sago Nylon varitey
- 1/2 cups peasnuts
- 1/4 cup broken cashews
- 1/4 cup roasted gram
Tempering for sabudana chivda
- 2 tablespoons channa dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida optional
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan.Once hot,keep the flame low and fry 2 tablespoons sago. It will pop up like tiny balls and will be very light once fried.Repeat the same for 1 1/4 cup sago,drain in a kitchen towel.
- To the same frying pan add another 3-4 tablespoons oil and fry the beaten rice.Add it to the fried sago.
- Fry cashews and peanuts and add to the sago mixture.
- Drain the oil and just saute the roasted gram in the same pan.Add it to the fried ingredients.
- Add salt and mix very well.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in the same frying pan and do the tempering. Add the tempering to the fried ingredients and mix very well.
- .Cool thoroughly and store airtight.
2.Shake the box well before serving.
3.You can add fried green chillies and raisins to this mixture if you like.