Last updated on October 3rd, 2019
Other ingredients in sabudana chivda recipe.
Store sabudana chivda in airtight box and it keeps well for 10 days. Serve with tea or as side dish.
More chivda recipes:
Sabudana chivda recipe card below:
Sabudana Chivda Recipe
- 1.5 cups sago Nylon varitey
- 1/2 cups peasnuts
- 1/4 cup broken cashews
- 1/4 cup roasted gram
Tempering for sabudana chivda
- 2 tablespoons channa dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida optional
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan.Once hot,keep the flame low and fry 2 tablespoons sago. It will pop up like tiny balls and will be very light once fried.Repeat the same for 1 1/4 cup sago,drain in a kitchen towel.
- To the same frying pan add another 3-4 tablespoons oil and fry the beaten rice.Add it to the fried sago.
- Fry cashews and peanuts and add to the sago mixture.
- Drain the oil and just saute the roasted gram in the same pan.Add it to the fried ingredients.
- Add salt and mix very well.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in the same frying pan and do the tempering. Add the tempering to the fried ingredients and mix very well.
- .Cool thoroughly and store airtight.
2.Shake the box well before serving.
3.You can add fried green chillies and raisins to this mixture if you like.