Strawberry lassi recipe with step by step photos. A delicious twist to traditional lassi recipe with fresh strawberries. A perfect drink to make easily during strawberry season. Lassi is the popular drink for summer in India. Lassi is made with full fat yogurt.
Lassi is favorite drink at home and we do make various lassi flavors. I have shared mango lassi, gulkand lassi, cucumber chaas already. I wanted to make strawberry lassi last year but somehow the stabwerry season passed by. we do not like to use strawberry crush in lassi or milkshake recipes. So last week when I saw the fresh strawberries in market I made this lassi with strawberries with them.
Two lassi recipes that are popular in India are regular punjabi sweet lassi and salted lassi. Though we like those regular ones we always prefer to have fruity lassis with seasonal fruits. Mango being the top favorite.
To make best lassi recipe use fresh homemade yogurt. The yogurt or curd should not be sour at all. To make lassi thick and more creamy I have added 1 tablespoon of fresh cream in this recipe. You can skip that or add 1/4 cup milk too. I have flavored the lassi with cardamom pods here. You can add rose essence, saffron to flavor the lassi.
Serve strawberry lassi immediately once prepared. To serve chill lassi you can blend some ice cubes or use cold yogurt and cream. If stored for long time the lassi will turn sour.
How to make strawberry lassi recipe.
1. Wash, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
2. take the chopped berries, yogurt, cream, sugar and cardamom pods in a blender jar.
3. Blend at high speed until very smooth and creamy.
4. Serve the strawberry lassi immediately.
Strawberry lassi recipe card:
Strawberry lassi recipe | How tomake strawberry lassi
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 10 strawberries fresh ripe
- 2.5 cups fresh plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder 2-3 pods
- ice cubes optional
- Wash, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
- take the chopped berries, yogurt, cream, sugar and cardamom pods in a blender jar.
- Blend at high speed until very smooth and creamy.
- Serve the strawberry lassi immediately.