Last updated on June 10th, 2019
Tomato raita recipe with step by step photos. Sharing one more cooling raita recipe for summer. We do make lots of raita to accompany every meal during summer. Raita is a wonderful way to add curd in our diet. I have been getting requests for many raita recipes.I shared a very tasty bhindi raita last week and today it is tomato raita recipe.
This tomato raita was served in a meal in our family function. It was made by a very famous food caterer in our native town. I loved this raita so much that I made sure to get the recipe from him. This is a cooked tomato raita recipe. Very tasty and flavorful one. It fits perfectly in a south Indian meal. Raita recipes with a tempering is known as thayir pachadi in Tamil. What I like the most in this tomato raita recipe is that the green chillies are fried very well in oil. Fried green chillies tastes great when added to curd. If you can handle I suggest you add more green chillies in this tomato raita recipe.
To make tomato raita recipe I always use desi tomatoes. The one that turns mushy fast and are more tangy. The curd is spiced with turmeric powder and salt. This raita contains all typical south Indian ingredients. So tasty and flavorful. You will like it very much if you try once.
Serve tomato raita with south Indian meal. You can also serve this with pulao.
Step by step tomato raita recipe.
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan. Add mustard and urad dal to the hot oil and temper. Add asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute well. Add chopped green chillies and fry very well.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and fry well. fry until cooked and mushy.
3. Take the curd and whisk very well until smooth. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
4. Add the cooked tomato to the curd. Mix well. Serve tomato raita immediately.
Tomato raita recipe card below:
Tomato raita recipe |How to make tomato raita recipe
- 3 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh curd
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan. Add mustard and urad dal to the hot oil and temper. Add asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute well. Add chopped green chillies and fry very well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry well. fry until cooked and mushy.
- Take the curd and whisk very well until smooth. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add the cooked tomato to the curd. Mix well. Serve tomato raita immediately.
2. Serve the raita immediately after adding curd.