Thai green curry recipe | Vegetarian thai green curry recipe
Thai green curry recipe, delicious, spicy and comforting thai veg gree curry made easily at home.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 3 -4
- 1/2 cup Green curry paste
- 2 cups cubed vegetables I used potato, aubergine, baby corn, carrot, beans, capsicum and peas
- 1 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Few thai basil or regular basil leaves
- Lemon leaves
Green Curry Paste Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves along with roots
- 4 lemon leaves
- 4 basil leaves
- 6 thai red chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemon grass
- 1 galangal or tender ginger
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed powder
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 shallots or pearl onions
- 12 black peppercorns
Take all the ingredients mentioned for green curry paste in a mixer jar. Grind it to a smooth paste. Just add enough water to ease the grinding.
Next wash, peel if needed and cube the vegetables. Steam or pressure cook the vegetables until tender. Set aside.
Grate and extract thick milk from coconut. We need about 1 1/4 cup coconut milk for this recipe.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a thick pan. Add the steamed veggies and saute for few seconds.
Add the green curry paste and saute very well.
Add soy sauce and, required salt and mix well.
Add coconut milk and mix well. Simmer or cook in medium flame for 5-10 minutes. Do not let the coconut milk boil.
Finally add few basil leaves and lemon leaves. Mix well and remove from flame. Serve thai green curry hot with rice.
Tips For Making The Recipe
- You may use lemon grass powder instead of fresh one
Do not let the curry vigorously boil after adding the coconut milk. Gently simmer the curry
- Thai green curry is usaully served with rice.
- You can also serve with flatbread