For making bread pizza toasted bread is used as pizza base. You can use preferred veggies as pizza topping. I like to use a mix of colored bell peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes in this pizza. You can also use paneer for chewy texture.
For cheese you can use grated mozzarella, four cheese etc. I like to use organic fresh mozzarella cheese in my all pizza recipes. Few delicious pizza recipes are added in the blog already that you might want to check.
More pizza recipes:
You can make bread pizza in many ways and flavors. I am listing few changes you can make in this recipe.
Variations with bread pizza recipe.
- You can any kind of bread in this recipe. I suggest you use large sandwich bread.
- I have used homemade pizza sauce here. You can use any store bought sauce like ragu, pasta sauce or even tomato ketchup. We just need few spoons of sauce.
- As an alternate you can even use white sauce as in this recipe. Even a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil will be very good.
This pizza can be made both in oven and on stove top. The detailed recipe is for making bread pizza in oven. I have however shared a quick video for showing how it is made on stove-top. Also I am sharing the instructions below.
How to make bread pizza on stove top.
- Heat a cast iron tava well.
- Place the bread slices and toast slightly on one side.
- Now flip the bread slices and quickly apply the sauce on all the slices.
- Arrange the toppings and spread the cheese. Cover and cook in low heat till the cheese melts. Serve Immediately.
More bread toast recipes:
Bread pizza video recipe
How to make bread pizza recipe (step by step)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.Grease a baking tray slightly.
2. Arrange the bread slices on the baking tray.
3. Apply the pizza sauce on each bread slice,1 tablespoon on each slice.
4. Now arrange the desired topping and spread the cheese.Sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese melts and edges are slightly browned
6. Serve hot with more herbs if desired.
Bread pizza recipe card below:
Bread Pizza Recipe (Oven and Stove top)
- 6 bread slices
- 6 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated cheese use more if required
- cherry tomatoes few
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- chili flakes
- dried herbs
- Preheat oven to 200C.Grease a baking tray slightly.
- Arrange the bread slices on the baking tray.
- Apply the pizza sauce on each bread slice,1 tablespoon on each slice.
- Now arrange the desired topping and spread the cheese.Sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes
- Serve hot with more herbs if desired.
2.I tried this same pizza just with cheese and capsicum,no sauce and it was awesome too.
3,If needed you can apply little butter on each slice before applying sauce.