Cheese toast recipe with step by step by step photos. Cheese toast recipe with sweet corn,bell peppers and onions. Sharing an easy corn cheese toast recipe on request. Cheese toast is an all time favorite and also very easy to make for a quick breakfast or snack. I saw this easy cheese toast recipe with corn here and was tempted to try as the procedure was little different from how I make cheese toast. We love easy bread recipes and I often make tasty bread toast recipes like bread besan toast, sooji toast, eggless french toast, veg cheese toast.
To make cheese toast recipe , here a white sauce is first prepared and then the vegetables are mixed into it. This way only very less amount of cheese is needed yet the finished cheese toast would be very cheesy, rich and delicious.
I made white sauce for the first time to make this cheese toast, but then I really liked this sauce and made white sauce pasta and also a sandwich with it. Making white sauce can be little tricky for the first time but definitely not something very difficult. The key for the smooth white sauce add cheese towards the end, keeping the flame very low or after switching off the flame.
In this cheese toast recipe boiled sweet corn, green bell pepper and onions are added. You can even add vegetables like finely chopped carrots (par boil), salad tomato etc. This corn cheese toast will be a quick and easy breakfast recipes for toddlers and kids or a nice after school snack. This will also make for a great starter along with a drink for parties and functions.
Serve cheese toast with milk or juice for brakfast
Here is how to make cheese toast recipe with step by step photos. Do try this out!
Step by step cheese toast recipe
1. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a pan until it lightly browns. In the meanwhile toast 4-6 bread slices in the preheated oven for 5 minutes at 180C or until the bread slices turn crisp. You can also toast the slices in tava. Do not add oil or ghee for toasting.
2. keep the flame low and add maida/ flour. Whisk very well in low heat.
3. Add milk and mix very well. Keep whisking so that no lumps form. Do all the whisking in low flame.
4. Whisk well till the mixture turns smooth and thick.
5. Add salt, pepper powder and mix well.
6. Add grated cheese and mix very well. turn off the flame. Add boiled sweet corn kernels, sliced onions and bell pepper. Mix well.
Cheese toast recipe in oven.
1.Take the toasted bread slices and arrange in a baking tray.
2. Spread 2-3 teaspoons of prepared white sauce vegetable spread on each bread slice. Add some chilli flakes and oregano.
3. Bake at 180C for 5-6 minutes. Serve corn cheese toast hot.
Cheese toast recipe on stove top.
1. Spread 2-3 teaspoons of prepared white sauce vegetable spread on each bread slice.
2. Heat a tava and toast the bread slices until crisp, do not flip. Serve hot.
Corn cheese toast recipe card below:
- For the toast:
- 6 bread slices
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- For the white sauce-vegetable spread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon maida/all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk boiled and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels boiled
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
Toast the bread slices until crisp. You ca do this by toasting the bread slices on a preheated oven at 180C for 5 minutes or on a tava on stove top.
heat butter in a pan and let it brown slightly.
Add maida/flour and whisk very well in low heat.
Add milk and whisk well until the sauce turns thick and smooth.Add salt, pepper powder and mix well.
Add cheese and mix very well. Switch off the flame. Add the vegetables and mix well
Now spread 2-3 teaspoons of this spread on each bread slice and toast in the preheated oven or tava.Serve corn cheese toast hot.
Switch off the flame after you add cheese, else the cheese will become lumpy.