Last updated on January 22nd, 2020
Chilli chutney recipe– another easy yet flavorful and spice packed chutney recipe for idli and dosa. You can make this chutney in 10 minutes and no need to temper this also. This chutney tastes excellent with soft idli, dosa and also rice. Here is how to make easy chilli chutney with a video.
This green chilli chutney can be made in many ways. In fact many Indian states like Andra, maharastra has its own recipe of chilli chutney. I am sharing the recipe that we make at our home. This chutney is also served with rice so we don’t temper it.
Ingredients For Making Green Chilii Chutney:
- First of all I highly recommend using sesame oil for this chutney. Sesame oil offsets the heat produced by green chilies. Also a generous amount of oil should be used for this chutney.
- You can use any type of green chilli for this chutney. You can use the long thin type if you can withstand the spice level. Here I have used plump smaller ones that are spicy too. You can even use bajji chilli for mild chutney.
- Along with chilies a small mount of onions, channa dal are used to give volume.
- Also I prefer to add a small bit of tamarind again to offset the heat.
Some Variations With Chilli Chutney Recipe:
- Use roasted gram or pottukadalai instead of channa dal. Just add to the mixer jar along with other ingredients, no need to fry it.
- Instead of onions you can use shallots for a milder taste.
- Increase the amount of garlic for more sharp flavor.
More Chutney Recipes:
You might also like to check our breakfast recipes collection.
Chilli Chutney Video Recipe:
How To Make Chilli Chutney Step By Step:
1. Heat 4 tablespoons sesame oil in a pan. Add slit green chilies and saute well for a minute.
2. Next add garlic cloves, chopped onions and chana dal. Saute very well for 4-6 minutes.
3. let cool and grind to a slightly coarse paste. Add salt to taste while grinding.
Chilli Chutney Recipe Card:
Chilli Chutney Recipe For Idli, Dosa and Rice
- 6-8 green chilies slit
- 3-4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 small onion cubed
- 2 tablespoons chana dal
- tamarind small piece
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat 4 tablespoons sesame oil in a pan. Add slit green chilies and saute well for a minute.
- Next add garlic cloves, chopped onions and chana dal. Saute very well for 4-6 minutes.
- let cool and grind to a slightly coarse paste. Add salt to taste while grinding.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou.