Last updated on April 5th, 2019
This recipe of curd sandwich or dahi sandwich is that perfect summer meal you are looking for! With all the vegetables and cooling yogurt, this sandwich is light yet filling, so good for summer lunch or snack. Here is how to make dahi sandwich or veg curd sandwich.
Curd sandwich or yogurt sandwich is one healthy and delicious quick meal that you can enjoy for breakfast or snack. With rich and creamy fresh curd, you don’t need any mayonnaise or cheese spread in the sandwich. Packed with vegetables this sandwich is one of the best meal options especially for toddlers and kids.
This Curd Sandwich Is
- Rich and creamy without any mayonnaise or butter
- very easy and quick to make, talk about breakfast in minutes.
- Absolutely kid friendly
- Totally versatile
A Kid Friendly Sandwich Recipe!
Tired of making same old cheese or toast sandwiches? Try out this super easy and delicious sandwich with curd or yogurt as base. This is a very creamy and yummy treat especially for toddlers and kids.
Sandwich recipes are always a hit in my kid’s lunch box. I do make few easy sandwiches like mayonnaise sandwich, spinach sandwich, masala toast sandwich, potato sandwich recipes for her lunch or snack box.
By using whole wheat or millet bread and loads of vegetables these sandwich recipes can be made tasty as well as healthy.
Our favorite is this easy curd sandwich recipe. This sandwich turns out very cheesy and rich without any cheese. I use whatever vegetables I have in hand to make this.
By using rich and creamy fresh curds we can easily eliminate mayonnaise or cream cheese in this recipe. So this is a good option even for adults who want to avoid mayo or cheese.
How Do You Make a Yogurt Sandwich?
To make curd sandwich or yogurt sandwich we first begin with chopping the veggies. Once the vegetables are copped, it is very quick and easy to make this sandwich.
Mix salt, chili flakes and seasoning to the chopped mixed veggies and mix well. To this add the whisked thick curd and mix. Adjust the quantity of curds to keep the filling thick. Place a portion of the filling in between two bread slices and toast until crispy with butter.
For the seasoning I have used chili flakes, dried oregano and pepper powder. I have also made the same sandwich Indian stlye by using roasted cumin powder, chaat masala and pepper powder. It tastes equally good. For a different flavor you can pizza seasoning , dried thyme or sage too.
I have used a mix of vegetables like grated carrots, chopped bell peppers and boiled corn. You can also grated beet, cabbage, zucchini, boiled potatoes and peas too.
While it is good to use hung curd in curd sandwich recipe, it is not a must. You can easily use fresh thick curd that is well whisked. I have used just thick curd for this sandwich
You can prepare this sandwich with any kind of bread. I like to use whole wheat o millet bread when making for kid’s lunchbox. You can add some grated cheese or cheese slice to it more interesting however this sandwich is as such very rich.
You can serve curd sandwich as breakfast. This sandwich is an excellent option to pack in kid’s lunch box. Just make sure the curd you use is very fresh and it is eaten in 3-4 hours after packing.
How to make curd sandwich recipe step by step
1. Into a mixing bowl, add thick curd and beat well.
2. Add chopped vegetables and mix well.
3. Add salt to taste, chili flakes, oregano and pepper powder. Mix well.
4. Place 3 tablespoons of filling on a bread slice. Cover with another bread slice and press slightly. Toast on a hot tava with butter. Toast well until it turns crispy from both sides.
Curd Sandwich Recipe
Curd sandwich recipe- easy to make healthy and tasty veg sandwich with yogurt and oregano seasoning.
- 6 bread slices white OR brown OR whole wheat
- 1/2 cup thick curd or hung curd
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/4 cup boiled sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- butter to toast sandwiches
- Into a mixing bowl, add thick curd and mix well.
- Add chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Add salt to taste, chili flakes, oregano and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Place 3 tablespoons of filling on a bread slice. Cover with another bread slice and press slightly. Toast on a hot tava with butter. Toast well until it turns crispy from both sides.