Last updated on July 12th, 2019
Mango smoothie bowl– A perfect delicious sweet treat for all mango lovers that is healthy, tasty and fun to make! If you like mango smoothie you will enjoy this vegan, gluten free mango smoothie bowl with all delicious toppings. Perfect breakfast or evening snack!
What Is A Smoothie Bowl?
A smoothie bowl is a delicious blend of healthy thick smoothie served in a bowl topped with assorted mix-ins. The smoothie has a thicker consistency and usually made of fresh fruits, coconut or almond milk, fresh fruits along with some oats.
For topping you can use anything from granola to frozen berries to fresh fruits to nuts, seeds and coconut flakes. You do not need a standard recipe for smoothie bowl. Just begin with your favorite smoothie and build it up.
How To Make A Smoothie Bowl?
You first make the base smoothie. The smoothie should be of thick and creamy consistency. Pour the smoothie into a serving bowl and top with your favorite mix-ins.
Making smoothie bowl is very easy and quick. You literally need just 5 minutes to build a bowl. Also you can use any of your favorite smoothie recipe as base and add your favorite toppings.
Here for this mango smoothie bowl I used my mango smoothie with coconut milk. For toppings I have added dried berries, homemade granola, desiccated coconut, fresh cherries and lychee. Some pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds give the crunch to this healthy and hearty breakfast!
More Smoothie Bowl Ideas:
- Start with base pineapple smoothie recipe and top with coconut flakes, fresh mango pieces, pineapple chunks.
- Use fresh strawberry smoothie as base, top with sliced bananas, fresh or dried blueberries. You can also use this recipe for strawberry banana smoothie.
- Blend 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, 1 small banana and 1/2 cup oats into a thick smoothie. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Add your favorite toppings and serve chilled.
Tips For Making Best Smoothie Bowl.
- Make sure the bowl has various components that are rich in various nutrients.
- To make it more rich and creamy add few chunks of frozen banana
- Add topping with varied texture to make it more delicious. As in here I have added fresh fruits dried berries for chewy texture and seeds for the crunch. Homemade granola is an excellent topping.
- You can also use cacao nibs,flax seeds as toppings
Serve smoothie bowl chilled as breakfast or snack.
More Breakfast Recipes:
How To Make Mango Smoothie Bowl Recipe.
1. Add peeled ripe mangoes, coconut milk and palm sugar in a blender or mixer jar. Blend to a thick puree.
2. Take the prepared smoothie in a serving bowl.
3. Top with desiccated coconut flakes, dried berries, fresh cherries, lychee, pumpkin seeds. Serve chilled.
Mango Smoothie Bowl Recipe Card:
Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 3 Mangoes ripe, peeled and cubed
- 100 ml Coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar honey or cane sugar can be used
- 3 tablespoons granola
- 3 tablespoons dried berries
- 3 teaspoons coconut flakes
- 10 fresh cherries
- 3 lychee pitted
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- Add peeled ripe mangoes, coconut milk and palm sugar in a blender or mixer jar. Blend to a thick puree.
- Take the prepared smoothie in a serving bowl.
- Top with desiccated coconut flakes, dried berries, fresh cherries, lychee, pumpkin seeds. Serve chilled.
- Do not add too much of coconut milk as it will thin down the smoothie.
- The consistency of the smoothie should be like soft serve.