Mayonnaise sandwich recipe is a quick vegetarian sandwich recipe that we can make in 15 minutes with homemade eggless mayonnaise. This easy veg mayo sandwich is best served as breakfast or snack. This is especially good in kids lunch box also.
There are many ways to make mayonnaise sandwich. I prepare them in few different ways especially based on how quickly I want to fix breakfast. Sandwich recipes are easy yet filling and tasty choice for breakfast especially.
Variations with mayonnaise sandwich recipe
- If you want to make it very quickly just spread the mayo veg mixture on plain bread slices, press slightly and serve.
- Here I have toasted the sandwich using a electric toaster. You can grill mayo sandwiches for crispier variation. You can also toast on stove top.
- You can also prepare mayo cheese sandwich by adding grated cheese to the veg-mayo mixture.
- With the same mayonnaise veg mixture you can also prepare open faced toast.
- Any kind of bread can be used to make this recipe
- Finally if you do not have mayonnaise in hand you can use hung curd and make the recipe. You can also prepare cream cheese sandwich.
Veg mayonnaise sandwich can be made with any vegetables you prefer. You can also add boil and cubed potatoes, steamed corn kernels or finely chopped carrots in this recipe. Blanched spinach leaves especially tastes wonderful in this recipe.
You can serve mayonnaise sandwich as breakfast or snack. You can also pack this sandwich in kids lunch box.
How to make mayonnaise sandwich recipe (step by step)
1. First of all take the eggless mayonnaise in a mixing bowl. Whisk well.
2. To that add all the veggies, chopped onion, tomato, bell peppers and mix well.
3. Next season with salt. Also add dried oregano, chili flakes. Mix well.
4. Take 2 bread slicea. You can cut the edges or leave it as such. Apply some butter on both sides.
5. Spread a thick layer of mayo veggie mixture.
6. Cover with other bread slice. Apply some more butter on top side also.
7. Repeat the same with other bread slices. Toast or grill the prepared sandwich in electric toaster or tava. Serve mayonnaise sandwich hot or pack in tiffin.
Mayonnaise sandwich recipe card below:
Mayonnaise sandwich recipe | Easy sandwich recipes
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 6 bread slices whole wheat or white or brown
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise.
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 tomato chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- In a mixing bowl take the mayo and whisk well.
- Add all the chopped vegetables,salt,chili flakes,oregano. Mix well
- Take a buttered bread slice and spread a thick layer of prepared vegetable mixture. Cover with another buttered bread slice.
- Toast or grill the sandwich. Repeat the same with all the bread slices. Serve mayonnaise sandwich hot or pack it in a tiffin.
2. Instead of chili flakes you can add pepper powder
3. You can cucumber in the filling too.
4. If using homemade egg less mayo, be sure to whisk it very well before using.