Last updated on September 9th, 2019
Other ingredients for medhu vadai recipe
Tips to make a perfect medhu vadai/ulundu vadai.
How To Make Medhu Vadai Recipe Step by Step
Medhu Vadai Recipe
Medhu vadai-Ulundhu vadai(urad dal)
- 1 cup husked black gram/ ulutham paruppu/ urad dal
- 1 teaspoon pigeon peas/ thuvaram paruppu/ toor dal.
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- 10-12 curry leaves torn
- 1/8 cup water for grinding
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak both dals in enough water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and grind to a very fluffy, light and smooth batter with just 1/8 cup water.
- Mix salt,rice flour to the batter and mix well.
- Add green chilies, curry leaves and chopped cabbage to the batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Wet your palm and take some batter. Shape it like a ball and make a hole in the center with the thumb. Slide the shaped vada into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown. Repeat the same with the remaining water.
- Serve medhu vadai with chutney or sambar.
2. Ensure there is enough oil for deep frying. else the vadai will turn flat.