No cook kara chutney recipe for idli or dosa or upma. This is my super quick version of kara chutney that we love with idli or upma. Chutney has its permanent place in breakfast and we make an array of chutneys like tomato chutney, badam chutney, ginger chutney, onion chutney recipes for dosa or idli.
This no cook kara chutney is my recent addition to chutney recipes.This is basically a no cook chutney and the tempering is optional. Here I have shown the recipe with tempering to tone down the taste of raw chilies but you can totally skip it.
Serve this kara chutney with idli or dosa. It also goes very well upma or mixed with steamed rice too.
If you are looking for more coconut based chutney recipes do check restaurant white coconut chutney, red coconut chutney, coriander coconut chutney recipes
How to make no cook kara chutney recipe steps.
Grind all the ingredients mentioned for chutney into a smooth paste with required water.
Heat oil until it starts to smoke.
Temper with mustard seeds and urad dal. Add to the chutney and mix well. Serve kara chutney dli or dosa.
No cook kara chutney recipe card:
No cook kara chutney recipe | Onion coconut chutney recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 10-15 peeled small onions
- 1/2 cup tightly packed grated coconut
- 4-6 dried kashmiri red chilies
- A small piece of tamarind
- 1/2 teaspoon jaggery
- Tempering optional
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned for chutney into a smooth paste with required water.
- To temper:
- Heat oil until it starts to smoke.
- Temper with mustard seeds and urad dal. Add to the chutney and mix well. Serve kara chutney dli or dosa.
2. You can just heat the oil and add to the chutney leaving out mustard seeds
wonderful it looks. So easy too.