Last updated on February 22nd, 2019
Paneer capsicum masala recipe with step by step photos. Today I am sharing an absolutely delicious gravy with two favorite ingredients. Paneer and capsicum are liked by most. This paneer capsicum masala recipe was in my to do list for a long time. I made this easy paneer capsicum masala curry last week and we loved it.
Paneer capsicum masala recipe is a rich cashew nut based gravy with paneer and green bell pepper. There are many variations in paneer capsicum recipe. There is a dry paneer capsicum recipe which is immensely popular. This paneer capsicum masala curry is a very rich one. You can make this paneer capsicum gravy recipe for any special occasions. This pairs up well with a wide north Indian meal.
Paneer recipes are always requested by my readers here. This paneer capsicum masala recipe is gem among paneer recipes. This will be a hit with everyone. It is a very easy one among paneer recipes. You can make paneer capsicum masala recipe with pantry staples. If you want to lower the fat content you may try using almonds instead of cashews. It will taste good but the masala will be less creamy.
Here is how to make paneer capsicum masala recipe with step by step photos. Do try this out!
If you are looking for more paneer and capsicum recipes do check mutter paneer, paneer lababdar, Paneer butter masala,kadai paneer,panner jalfrezi,shahi paneer,schezwan paneer,Palak paneer , aloo capsicum
How to make paneer capsicum masala.
1.Soak 15 cashews in water for 20 minutes.Grind to a smooth paste.Chop onions and tomatoes.Cube the panner and green bell pepper and set aside.
2.Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a kadai and temper with cumin. Add onions and saute well.
3. Add the tomato and saute till cooked and mushy.Add the green bell pepper cubes and saute for 3-5 minutes.
4.Add spice powders and mix well.
5.Add 1 cup of water and salt.bring to a boil. Add the cashew paste and mix well. cook till the gravy thickens.
6.Add the cubed paneer and continue to cook till it reaches gravy consistency.
7.Garnish with crushed kasuri methi. Serve paneer capsicum masala hot.
Paneer capsicum masala recipe card below:
- 3/4 cup paneer cubes
- 1/2 cup cubed bell pepper (green or any color)
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 15 whole cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Kasuri methi
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Soak 15 cashews in water for 20 minutes.Grind to a smooth paste.Chop onions and tomatoes.Cube the panner and green bell pepper and set aside.
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a kadai and temper with cumin.Add onions and saute till they turn pinkish.
- ,Add the tomato and saute till cooked and mushy.Add the green bell pepper cubes and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add spice powdersand mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt.bring to a boil.Add the cashew paste and mix well.Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed paneer and continue to cook till it reaches gravy consistency.
- Garnish with crushed kasuri methi and serve hot
1.You can use butter instead of oil
2.You can reduce the number of cashews and use 1 teaspoon cornflour mixed with 1/8 cup water to thicken the gravy
3.Instead of garam masala you can use pav bhaji masala,chole masala for a different flavor.