Pizza muffins recipe– a very easy to make fun and delicious snack you can bake during holidays. These muffin pizzas are small bite size snack that will interest everyone, toddlers and kids are going to love it. Add any topping and sauces you fancy, cover it up with cheese and there you go, the best pizza muffins ever! Here is how to make them at home!
If you like miniature versions of snacks that are perfectly bite sized, then you will love these pizza style muffins too. These are so easy to make and serve, no need to slice, just bake, tap and serve 🙂
So What Exactly Are Pizza Muffins?
These are soft, and cheese savory muffins with pizza sauce and your desired toppings. You can use any of your tried and tested pizza dough recipe here or even use store bought dough.
These cheesy and flavorful mini savory muffins will be a big hit any party.
How To Make Pizza Muffins From Scratch?
To make this recipe first we will prepare the pizza dough. Any kind of pizza dough or basic bread dough can be used for this recipe. Next get ready with toppings and sauce. I have used my homemade pizza sauce recipe here.
Just spread the dough in the greased muffin tin. Spread some sauce, add the toppings and finish with grated cheese. pop into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Once the cheese melts and the muffin turns golden brown, it is ready.
You can even freeze the baked muffins and just reheat them as needed.
Variations With The Recipe
You can make these savory muffin pizzas in many flavors. Try using white sauce, alfredo sauce, spinach sauce or red pepper dip as pizza sauce here.
For topping you can use paneer cubes, onions, mushrooms, jalapenos etc. Here I have used bell peppers and onions
Along with mozzarella you can use cheddar or even four cheese.
Serve pizza muffins warm or at room temperature as snack. You can also serve these in dinner with salad and soup.
You might also like
How To Make Pizza Muffins Recipe Step by Step
Prep work for pizza muffins
Mix flour, yeast, olive oil in a bowl. Add salt and sugar. Mix well. Add water and make a soft dough. Knead well for 5 minutes. Set aside to rise.
To make muffin pizza
Preheat oven at 180 C. Grease a muffin tin well with olive oil or melted butter.
Divide the dough into 10 small balls. Flatten each ball and place inside each muffin cavity. Press well into the sides as well.
Spread the sauce and place the toppings. Cover with grated cheese.
Bake in the hot oven for 15-18 minutes until the base turns golden and cheese melts well.
Serve pizza muffins warm with sauce or tea as snack.
Pizza Muffins Recipe
Pizza Muffins Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 cup plain flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons cubed onions
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Mix flour, yeast, olive oil in a bowl. Add salt and sugar. Mix well. Add water and make a soft dough. Knead well for 5 minutes. Set aside to rise.
- Preheat oven at 180 C. Grease a muffin tin well with olive oil or melted butter.
- Divide the dough into 10 small balls. Flatten each ball and place inside each muffin cavity. Press well into the sides as well.
- Spread the sauce and place the toppings. Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15-18 minutes until the base turns golden and cheese melts well.
- Serve pizza muffins warm with sauce or tea as snack.