Last updated on February 2nd, 2018
Potato poori recipe with step by step photos. Sharing a very tasty and easy to make Indian breakfast recipe with you all today. Poori for breakfast is a very popular and favorite affair across India. Only the side dish served with poori differs from place to place and here in south India it is poori masala 🙂
Fluffy hot and crisp poori with a golden yellow potato masala is just made for each other 🙂 Along with classic poori masala, there are also many varieties of poori. I have shared few different types of poori like beetroot poori, methi poori here. Potato poori is one such variation and a very tasty one at that.
Boiled and mashed potatoes with very few spices go into the making of potato poori recipe or aloo poori recipe. You can choose the spice powders as per your taste. I have used minced green chili, ginger, chopped cilantro leaves along with cumin powder and a dash of garam masala. You don’t have make an elaborate side dish for potato poori. Just some spiced curd or raita or pickle will do. I just served it with some sauteed cauliflower and curd.
Here is how to make potato poori recipe with step by step photos. If you are looking for more Indian breakfast recipes do check aloo paratha, neer dosa, poha idli, rava dosa recipes. Also check out my collection of 30 different breakfast recipes for a whole month!
Step by step potato poori recipe
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes. Mix with the rest of ingredients and knead well. Add very less water, only if needed.
2. Make small pooris and deep fry in hot oil. Serve potato poori hot.
Potato poori recipe card below:
- 2 big potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons fine rava
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes. Mix with the rest of ingredients and knead well. Add very less water, only if needed.
- Make small pooris and deep fry in hot oil. Serve potato poori hot.
1. Adding rava makes poori crispy and fluffy.