Last updated on September 3rd, 2018
Tomato pizza recipe with step by step photos. Today I am sharing an absolutely delightful pizza with you all, a ridiculously easy to put together pizza with very few ingredients.
For this easy cheese tomato pizza recipe you do not need any pizza sauce, no exotic toppings, you do not even need onions here! All you need are some firm ripe tomatoes, good dose of olive oil and herbs. I have added some corn kernels as I had them handy and it is optional.
I was browsing for some good pizza topping ideas and saw this easy tomato pizza from Tarla dalal. I bookmarked the recipe and tried it in the same week. The tomato cheese pizza was outstanding in every way. We just loved the taste, texture and the flavor of this simple pizza.
To make tomato pizza I used my regular recipe for pizza base, I just added 1/8 teaspoon oregano to the dough. You can even add mixed herbs or basil to the dough and that adds loads of flavor to the pizza. You can use whole wheat for making the base, then this tomato pizza becomes a healthy treat for toddlers and kids even, just make sure you use good quality and reliable cheese.
We love pizzas a lot and I often make healthy and tasty pizzas at home instead of calling or visiting a pizzeria. Homemade pizzas are so easy, you can go crazy with the toppings and have absolute control over ingredients and most important your pizzas will be fresh, hygienic and so very tasty than outside ones.
Now here is how to make easy cheese tomato pizza recipe, do give this a try!
Tomato pizza recipe with step by step photos.
1. Prepare pizza dough as explained here. Let the dough raise for 2 hours or until it doubles in volume. In this base i have added 1/8 teaspoon of dried herbs.
2. Take the raised dough, punch back and knead again briefly. Preheat oven at 220C. Place the dough on a 8″ pizza pan and toss with your fingers to make a base. You can even roll the dough to form the base but I always hand toss the base.
3. Brush about 1/2 tablespoon olive oil all over the base. Sprinkle some dried basil or oregano. Spread around 1/2 cup grated cheese.
4. Arrange the sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle some chilli flakes.
5. Add the sweet corn kernels and remaining cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. The cheese should melt, base and top should be slightly browned and edges should be crisp. Serve tomato pizza immediately with more herbs if required.
Tomato pizza recipe card below:
- 1 recipe pizza base
- 1 large tomato sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon + 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare pizza dough as mentioned.
- Once the dough is raised, preheat oven to 220C.
- Roll or spread the pizza base with hand to 8" disc.
- Brush 1/2 tablespoon olive oil all over the base.
- Sprinkle dried basil. Spread 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes.
- Add remaining cheese. Drizzle remaining olive oil
- Bake at 220 C for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve tomato pizza hot.
1.Use olive oil for nice taste and flavor.
2. You can use cherry tomatoes if available.
3. Use very good quality cheese that melts down well.