Veg noodles recipe with step by step photos. Sharing an easy noodles recipe with loads of veggies.
this veg noodles recipe is easy and tasty. Veg noodles recipe, the most sought after indo chinese street food is so easy to prepare at home and when made properly it tastes way better than what you get in restaurants. I get lots of requests for street food recipes. Everyone loves street food and we are no exception. Though we occasionally enjoy outside street food, I prefer to make these at home. More hygienic food and no health threats. I used to make this veg noodles recipe occasionally at home while I was using chinese noodles. These days I use rice noodles and I make this easy veg noodles recipe very often.
To make veg noodles recipe you need vegetables like cabbage, different colored bell peppers, carrot, baby corns. Apart from the vegetables you need spring onion,ginger and celery if you can get it. If you do not have celery you can use thick stalk of cilantro too.
I make noodles very rarely so I do not stock up on any kind of noodles. This easy noodles recipe is the one I make when I have guests or when I have loads of veggies in hand. You can try this veg noodles for toddlers and kids to make them eat veggie, but be very careful in what type of noodles you choose, I will always suggest to go with good quality rice or wheat noodles. Apart from this veg noodles I sometimes make veg hakka noodles, stir fry noodles, pad thai inspired veg noodles.
Just like veg fried rice recipe, this veg noodles recipe should also be cooked in high flame for short time. So use fresh and tender vegetables, chop all the veggies in same size and keep all the vegetables cut and ready near the pan. Here I have used soy sauce,vinegar and pepper powder for flavoring. You can use chilli sauce, chilli tomato sauce too along with soy sauce in this easy noodles recipe. Serve veg noodles with chilli paneer gravy, veg macnhurian gravy etc.
If you want to make veg noodles recipe without sauces, just go ahead and leave out all the sauces. You can add some tomato paste in the veg noodles recipe. Adding spring onion greens gives a nice crunch to the noodles.
Serve veg noodles hot with chilli vinegar or any manchurian sauce.
Here is how to make veg noodles recipe with step by step photos. Do try this easy and healthy veg noodles.
Step by step veg noodles recipe
1. To begin making veg noodles recipe, bring plenty of water to boil in a big vessel. Add 2-3 drops of oil and little alt to the boiling water. Add the noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the noodles gets cooked and turns soft. Drain the cooked noodles and set aside.
2. While the noodles is cooking get the vegetables ready. Julienne cut the peeled carrot, baby corn,bell pepper and ginger. Finely chop the cabbage and spring onion whites. Keep aside the finely chopped spring onion greens for garnish.
3. Heat a broad thick bottomed pan or wok and add 2-3 teaspoons sesame oil. Add the cut ginger,crushed and spring onion whites. Saute in high flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the chopped vegetables and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes in high flame. Add salt, sugar and mix well.
5. Add soy sauce,vinegar,pepper powder and saute the veggie for 2 more minutes, Ensure that the veggies do not turn completely soft. They should be cooked yet crunchy.
6. Now add the cooked and drained noodles and mix well. Check and adjust seasoning and mix well. Add the chopped spring onion greens and mix well. Serve veg noodles with veg manchurian gravy or chilli paneer gravy.
Veg noodles recipe card below:
veg noodles recipe | Easy noodles recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 3/4 cup raw noodles
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 baby corns
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion whites
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion greens
- 1/2 " ginger cut
- 1-2 cloves peeled and crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cook noodles in plenty of boiling water along with salt and 3 drops of oil. the noodles should be soft yet retain the shape. Drain and set aside.
- Julienne cut carrot,baby corn and bell peppers. Finely chop the cabbage and spring onion whites and greens. Chop the ginger and crush the garlic.
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a thick and broad wok/pan.
- Fry the ginger,garlic and spring onion whites for 1 minute in high flame.
- Add all the veggies and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce,salt and sugar. Mix well and saute
- Add pepper powder and vinegar. Mix well and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix well. Add spring onion greens and serve veg noodles hot.
2. You can use ay kind of noodles in this recipe