Last updated on May 23rd, 2019
Vegetable chutney recipe with step by step photos. A tasty, healthy mixed vegetable chutney recipe for idli, dosa. This vegetable chutney recipe is an unusual one. This chutney recipe with mixed vegetables uses eggplants, broad beans etc. I always on look out for different easy chutney recipes for idli. I have shared some rare chutney recipes like carrot chutney, badam chutney, pumpkin chutney recipes here.
I make vegetable chutney often as side dish for idli and dosa. Adding vegetables in chutney increases flavor and nutrition too. Including vegetables in form of chutney in breakfast is very healthy and easy too. I had some chopped vegetables after making sambar sadham. I used those cut vegetables to make this easy veg chutney. All together this chutney can be made in 10 minutes if you have chopped vegetables.
To make vegetable chutney I have used bell pepper, broad beans, egg plants, pumpkin, pearl onions, carrot in this recipe. You can also use chayote squash, ridge gourd too in this recipe.
Serve vegetable idli with idli or dosa.
How to make vegetable chutney with step by step photos.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan.
Add green chilies and channa dal. Saute well. Add onions and saute well. Add grated ginger and saute till raw smell goes off.
Add the cubed vegetables and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Let cool. Add required salt and grind to a smooth paste.
In the same oil temper mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and add to the chutney.
Mix well and serve vegetable chutney with idli
Vegetable chutney recipe card below:
vegetable chutney recipe | kadamba chutey recipe | Side dish for idli
- 1 cup cubed mixed vegetables
- 10 pearl onions
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon channa dal
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- A small piece of tamarind
- 1 teaspoon oil
- To temper:
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 10 curry leaves
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan.
- Add green chilies and channa dal. Saute well. Add onions and saute well. Add grated ginger and saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add the cubed vegetables and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Let cool. Add required salt and grind to a smooth paste.
- In the same oil temper mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and add to the chutney.
- Mix well and serve vegetable chutney with idli
2. You can use garlic instead of ginger.