Butterscotch Ice cream recipe made without an ice cream maker and eggs. This rich, creamy and tasty is just easy to make without any churning too. Delicious, creamy and intensely flavored ice cream topped with crunchy bits of butterscotch is just what you need on a summer afternoon. How wonderful it would be when it is homemade? Here is how to make best butterscotch ice cream with a quick video.
Butterscotch Ice cream in India is a crowd favorite variety of ice cream. Rich, creamy and very delicious with pronounced butterscotch flavor.
This crunchy ice cream is very popular in India in all the well known ice cream parlors. Butterscotch in India is especially different from other parts of the world. In India it is a confectionery made with brown sugar and butter.
Whenever I have ice cream at parlors this is my go to flavor. The flavor and taste of this ice cream along with the crunchy praline is a delight absolutely.
I am sure this is a favorite flavor among most of you too. Now what if I said making this recipe at home is a child’s play and just easy?
You just need 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to whip up the ice cream base. It is a no cook, churn ice cream without eggs.
You can freeze this ice cream for a month in freezer.
This Butterscotch Ice Cream Recipe Is
Easy recipe that needs just 6 ingredients
No cook, no churn
100% vegetarian, no eggs
So rich, creamy and delicious
Kids will just love it.
Making traditional butterscotch ice cream requires making butter scotch sauce. What could be done if making this sauce is not feasible to you, then you can use store bought butterscotch essence just like I have did here. As we are using essence and chips here, this is an easy no cook butterscotch ice cream.
The ice cream also has some crushed praline added to it. Praline is also a confectionery made with sugar. It is used as topping in desserts especially ice creams. The specialty of butterscotch ice cream is this praline.
While making praline at home is very easy yet it does need some time for it to set. So if you are in a hurry it is better to use butterscotch chips readily available. I have made praline at home for cakes and ice creams but this time I used butterscotch chips. However I have added brief instructions for making praline at home.
Quick Praline For Butterscotch Ice Cream.
- First of all grease a parchment sheet with some butter and set aside.
- Now add 3/4 cup sugar to a thick pan and start heating.
- Do not stir the sugar yet.
- Just keep swirling the pan and continue to cook. once the sugar begins to melt continue to cook in lowest flame.
- Once the sugar is completely melted and turns into light amber color add 1 tablespoon butter and remove from flame. Mix the butter throughout.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped nuts and mix well. Transfer to the greased sheet and let it set. Once set the praline slides of easily. Break and use as required. To add praline in butterscotch ice cream recipe just crush about 1 cup praline and use instead of chips.
Making homemade butterscotch ice cream with this recipe is really easy. It is a no cook and no churn ice cream also. Just mix in the flavors, whip the cream, fold and set 🙂 Look for Indian butterscotch essence in stores.
As I mentioned above Indian butterscotch is just a confectionery with sugar and butter. This essence has a unique flavor and it is different from the ones you get in other parts of the world.
Is food color absolutely needed for this recipe?
In parlors and shops you will find butterscotch ice cream in bright yellow color. Yellow food coloring is usually added. However while making at home I just add a pinch of turmeric powder. You can also add few saffron strands for color and flavor.
What if I don't have whipping cream or heavy cream?
You can absolutely make this ice cream with just low fat or medium fat cream. I have used amul whipping cream with 35% fat content here. If you are using low fat cream refer this post on details for whipping it.
How To Make Butterscotch Ice Cream
1. First of all chill a large mixing bowl and whisk attachments of the hand mixer in freezer for 1 hour.
2. Next mix in sweetened condensed milk, milk powder and butterscotch essence well.
To that also add turmeric powder or yellow food color and mix well.
3. Now take thick whipping cream in the chilled bowl and add 3 tablespoons icing sugar.
Whip until stiff peaks are formed. You can also use low fat cream.
4. Next gently fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream.
Fold gently without deflating the peaks.
5. Add in the butterscotch chips and fold again.
Finally transfer the butterscotch ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container.
Freeze for 8-12 hours.
Scoop and serve as required.
More ice cream recipes:
I hope you will try this butterscotch ice cream recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Butterscotch Ice Cream Recipe
Indian Butterscotch Ice Cream Recipe
- 300 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 2 teaspoons butterscotch essence
- 400 ml whipping cream
- 1.5 cups butterscotch chips OR crushed praline
- yellow food or a pinch of turmeric
- First of all chill a large mixing bowl and whisk attachments of the hand mixer in freezer for 1 hour.
- Next mix in sweetened condensed milk, milk powder and butterscotch essence well. To that also add turmeric powder or yellow food color and mix well.
- Now take thick whipping cream in the chilled bowl and add 3 tablespoons icing sugar. Whip until stiff peaks are formed. You can also use low fat cream.
- Next gently fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Add in the butterscotch chips and fold again. Finally transfer the butterscotch ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 8-12 hours. Scoop and serve as required.