Last updated on September 20th, 2019
Cinnamon apple cake recipe is that perfect dessert you will make during the fall with those season’s best apples. With the goodness of ripe and sweet apples, good olive oil, spiked with cinnamon, this apple is cake is just aptly sweet to be served as breakfast. Double it up as dessert with a scoop of ice cream and a dollop with sweetened whipped cream. Here is the easy egg-free cinnamon apple cake recipe with step by step photos.
Red ripe Kashmir apples have started to flood the markets and they are nothing like the imported ones we get year around. In fact I buy only these seasonal apples from September through November. Apart from savoring as such we do indulge in some delicious apple desserts.
Best Apple Cake Ever!
Apple desserts scream fall and this cinnamon apple cake recipe is perfect for this season. Warming taste and flavor of cinnamon goes perfectly well with crisp and sweet apples, creating a magical flavor and taste. Though you can use vanilla in this recipe, I always prefer cinnamon with apples.
This cake is not overly sweet. The sweetness is just enough thus leaving you wanting for more rather than numbing the taste buds with too much of sugar.
Serve cinnamon apple cake warm with coffee for breakfast. You can also serve this as dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce. This goes well in kids snack box too.
This cinnamon apple cake with oil stays soft for 2 days in room temperature. You can store for 3-4 days in refrigerator. just warm the slices for few minutes before serving.
Which Apples Are Best For Cimmamon Apple Cake?
To make cinnamon apple cake you will need ripe and sweet apples. Sweeter the apple, less sugar we will need for the cake.
Indian Kashmiri apples that are sweet and less fibrous are what I prefer to use in this cake. In United States you can use red delicious, royal gala or even fuji apples. Basically ripe sweet apples for apple cake is the best.
Other Ingredients For Apple Cake
Other ingredients are flour, sugar, oil, cinnamon, baking powder and curd.
Flour– I have used organic unbleached all purpose flour in this recipe. You can also use whole wheat flour or a mix of both flours.
Sugar– The sweetener I have used here is light brown sugar. The flavor of brown sugar compliments the taste of cinnamon well. You can use any of your preferred sugar or even honey in this recipe.
Oil– For fat I have used light olive oil in this recipe. I like the flavor of olive oil in cakes. You can also use melted butter but the cake will be a bit dense. Use good quality neutral oil for this apple cake recipe.
How To Make Cinnamon Apple Cake?
For making cinnamon apple cake begin by preheating the oven at 180 C/ 350 F. Next peel, core and finely chop the apples. Mix in cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside. To make batter for apple cake mix oil, yogurt, vanilla and sugar until combined.
To that add flour, salt and baking powder. Add mix gradually and make a thick yet flowing batter. Fold the chopped apples and mix gently. Pour in a greased loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes, slice and serve warm.
Recipe Notes, Tips And Variations:
You can use finely chopped ripe pear instead of apple.
Make sure to good quality olive oil or neutral oil
You can add 1/4 cup chopped almonds in the batter.
To make cinnamon apple cake vegan just replace dairy yogurt with non dairy yogurt.
More Cake Recipes You might like
How To Make Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe Step by Step
1. Preheat oven at 180 C / 350 F. Grease and dust a loaf tin.
2. Peel, core and finely chop the apples. For 1.5 cups chopped apple I used 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix sugar and cinnamon powder well with apples. Set aside.
3. Add olive oil, sugar, curd and vanilla in a bowl. Mix well until combined.
4. Add flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients. Mix and whisk well.
5. Fold in the prepared apple sugar mixture and mix gently.
6. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.
7. Cool in the loaf tin for 5 minutes. Invert and cool in a wire rack for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.
Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe
Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe
For apple cinnamon mixture
- 2 large apples 1.5 cups, finely chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
For cake batter
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yogurt, curd
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups plain flour or whaet flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 180 C / 350 F. Grease and dust a loaf tin.
- Peel, core and finely chop the apples. For 1.5 cups chopped apple I used 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix sugar and cinnamon powder well with apples. Set aside.
- Add olive oil, sugar, curd and vanilla in a bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients. Mix and whisk well.
- Fold in the prepared apple sugar mixture and mix gently.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool in the loaf tin for 5 minutes. Invert and cool in a wire rack for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.