Last updated on May 29th, 2020
Homemade grape juice recipe with black grapes is sweet, tangy and refreshing summer drink. It is nothing like store bought. If you want to prepare grape juice easily without juicer then this homemade grape juice recipe video will tell you how!
For making grape juice I prefer to use purple grapes with seeds. With any fruit I always prefer the ones with seeds. I recently purchased very fresh and good quality organic purple grapes and made this juice from some of them. Especially with grapes I prefer only to purchase organic grapes.
Purple grapes are slightly tart along with being sweet and very flavorful. I just love grapes and these organic grapes were a wonderful treat for us. You can easily make this juice with seedless black grapes and also green grapes.
Drinking fresh grape juice has loads of health benefits especially when it is homemade and hygienic. Just like any fruit juice it is better to limit the amount of sweetener and water in this grape juice.
Health Benefits of Fresh Grape Juice:
- Consuming purple grape juice reduces the cholesterol level and increases the skin health just like wine.
- It also regulates the blood pressure level.
- Grape juice is rich in anti oxidants and also a detoxifies and cleanses the body.
- fresh grape juice is a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
- Grape juice is also known for its anti ageing properties.
- Furthermore it aids in digestion and used for treating constipation also.
Making grape juice at home is very easy. You can make grape juice with blender, mixer grinder, centrifugal juicer or cold pressed juicer. Here I am sharing the method of making grape juice in mixer.
Grapes are one of those fruits heavy on pesticides residue just like strawberries. It is very important to clean the grapes thoroughly before consuming. If the grapes you use are not organic or even if you are unsure please see below on how to clean grapes for juicing.
How To Clean Grapes For Grape Juice?
First of all destem the grapes and discard any shriveled or rotten grapes. You can also remove any unripe grapes nit suitable for juicing.
Next take the grapes in a wide vessel and rinse well under-running water for 2-3 times. After that add some crystal salt and toss well. Set aside for 20 minutes. Now rinse thoroughly and drain completely. You can also use vinegar instead of salt.
While in this recipe I am sharing a very basic grape juice you can always make some changes for different taste and flavor. Please refer below or various flavor combinations:
Grape Juice Flavor Variations
- Add juice of 1 small lemon for favor punch.
- You can add some grated ginger for flavor and also it helps in digestion
- For healthier juice use palm sugar or jaggery.
- Finally you can add some mint or basil leaves for a varied flavor.
Serve grape juice with ice cubes as mid afternoon summer drink or welcome drink. Serve as soon as made.
As far as possible consume fresh juices on its own as snack and not along or immediately after breakfast or lunch. Fruits typically digest within 30 minutes when consumed alone. If you have with breakfast it disturbs the digestion and may cause acidity.
You can make grape juice with a slow juicer, blender or centrifugal juicer. Here I ave used my mixer grinder to make grape juice.
How To Make Grape Juice in Juicer?
After cleaning the grapes and draining the excess water just add in our juicer jar and make juice as per manufacturer’s instructions.
Making Grape Juice In Blender Or Mixer Grinder
Place the cleaned grapes in the blender jar along with sugar and lemon juice. Add just enough water and blend smoothly. Strain the juice to remove seeds, skin and fibre. Serve with ice cubes.
Top Tips To Make Best Grape Juice
Always taste the grapes before juicing.
Discard any rotten or damages grapes and small stems thoroughly.
Do not add more water as it will dilute the juice
More juice recipes:
How To Make Grape Juice Step By Step
1. Clean the grapes as mentioned above.
2. Take the grapes in a mixer jar and add required sugar.
3. Blend sooth.
4. Pass through a strainer and strain well with the back of a ladle.
5. To the collected juice you can add juice of one small lemon, a pinch of black salt.
6. Dilute the juice as per taste and serve immediately.
Grape Juice Recipe
Homemade grape juice recipe with purple grapes
- 500 grams grapes purple or black or green
- sugar to taste
- water as needed
- Clean the grapes as mentioned above
- Take the grapes in a mixer jar and add required sugar.
- Blend smooth.
- Pass through a strainer and strain well with the back of a ladle.
- To the collected juice you can add juice of one small lemon, a pinch of black salt.
- Dilute the juice as per taste and serve immediately.