Homemade grape juice recipe with black grapes is sweet, tangy and refreshing summer drink. It is nothing like store bought. If you want to prepare grape juice easily without juicer then this homemade grape juice recipe video will tell you how!
For making grape juice I prefer to use purple grapes with seeds. With any fruit I always prefer the ones with seeds. I recently purchased very fresh and good quality organic purple grapes and made this juice from some of them. Especially with grapes I prefer only to purchase organic grapes.
Purple grapes are slightly tart along with being sweet and very flavorful. I just love grapes and these organic grapes were a wonderful treat for us. You can easily make this juice with seedless black grapes and also green grapes.
Drinking fresh grape juice has loads of health benefits especially when it is homemade and hygienic. Just like any fruit juice it is better to limit the amount of sweetener and water in this grape juice.
Health benefits of fresh grape juice:
- Consuming purple grape juice reduces the cholesterol level and increases the skin health just like wine.
- It also regulates the blood pressure level.
- Grape juice is rich in anti oxidants and also a detoxifies and cleanses the body.
- fresh grape juice is a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
- Grape juice is also known for its anti ageing properties.
- Furthermore it aids in digestion and used for treating constipation also.
Making grape juice at home is very easy. You can make grape juice with blender, mixer grinder, centrifugal juicer or cold pressed juicer. Here I am sharing the method of making grape juice in mixer.
Grapes are one of those fruits heavy on pesticides residue just like strawberries. It s very important to clean the grapes thoroughly before consuming. If the grapes you use are not organic or even if you are unsure please see below on how to clean grapes for juicing.
How to clean grapes properly:
First of all destem the grapes and discard any shriveled or rotten grapes. You can also remove any unripe grapes nit suitable for juicing.
Next take the grapes in a wide vessel and rinse well under-running water for 2-3 times. After that add some crystal salt and toss well. Set aside for 20 minutes. Now rinse thoroughly and drain completely. You can also use vinegar instead of salt.
While in this recipe I am sharing a very basic grape juice you can always make some changes for different taste and flavor. Please refer below or various flavor combinations:
Variations with grape juice:
- Add juice of 1 small lemon for favor punch.
- You can add some grated ginger for flavor and also it helps in digestion
- For healthier juice use palm sugar or jaggery.
- Finally you can add some mint or basil leaves for a varied flavor.
Serve grape juice with ice cubes as mid afternoon summer drink or welcome drink. Serve as soon as made.
More juice recipes:
Video recipe of grape juice:
How to make grape juice recipe:
1. Clean the grapes as mentioned above.
2. Take the grapes in a mixer jar and add required sugar.
3. Blend sooth.
4. Pass through a strainer and strain well with the back of a ladle.
5. To the collected juice you can add juice of one small lemon, a pinch of black salt.
6. Dilute the juice as per taste and serve immediately.
Grape juice recipe card :
Easy video recipe for making fresh and healthy homemade purple grape juice
- 500 grams grapes purple or black or green
- sugar to taste
- water as needed
- Clean the grapes as mentioned above
- Take the grapes in a mixer jar and add required sugar.
- Blend smooth.
Pass through a strainer and strain well with the back of a ladle.
- To the collected juice you can add juice of one small lemon, a pinch of black salt.
- Dilute the juice as per taste and serve immediately.