Last updated on July 17th, 2018
Oven roasted cauliflower with mild Indian seasoning. An easy cauliflower snack recipe that also doubles up as side dish for rice or roti. Serve with a drink as snack or in lunch with your favorite flat bread and rice. So easy and so tasty!Here is how to make oven roasted cauliflower recipe with a quick video!
There are so many ways to cook cauliflower but this roasting cauliflower is certainly a thing. I love roasted veggies a lot and off late I have been using oven to roast most of my vegetables. I fond oven roasting the veggies mess free, no baby sitting and less oil too. Last week I roasted a fresh head of cauliflower in oven and they were the best. I used a very mild Indian seasoning and served the roasted cauliflowers with rice and simple dal fry. Talk about comfort food!
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower?
You can roast cauliflower either in oven or on stove top using a heavy cast iron griddle. Roasting cauliflower in oven is easy and mess free.
Separate the cauliflower into bite size florets and clean them well. Toss the florets into spice powders and set aide for minutes. Spread on a baking sheet in single layer and roast in the oven for 20-22 minutes at 220C (420F). Once the florets shrink and brown at the edges they are done.
How To Roast Cauliflower on Stove Top.
First of all use a heavy cast iron griddle or tava for roasting cauliflower on stove top. Heat the cast rion pan for 5 minutes with a quick spray of oil.
Gently add the seasoned cauliflower florets. Cook in low-medium flame flame for 15-20 minutes. Give a quick spray of oil if required. Do not cover the pan.
Variations and Tips For Perfect Roasted Cauliflower:
You can vary the seasoning as per taste in this recipe. Instead of Indian spices you can use salt, pepper powder and lemon juice. Also you can sprinkle some parmesan cheese over roasted cauliflower while serving.
Make sure to give a quick spray of oil or brush your baking sheet with melted butter.
For crispy roasted cauliflower you can add 2 teaspoons of corn flour or rice flour along with spice powders. Also roast for 3-5 minutes more so that the edges char and turn crispy.
Finally serve roasted cauliflower as soon as made else they will turn soggy.
Serve the vegan roasted cauliflower as snack with any welcome drink or as side dish with rice or roti. You can also use these as stuffing any wrap or even serve with toast.
More cauliflower Recipes:
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe Video:
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Step By Step.
1. Core and cut the cauliflower into bite size florets. Bring a large pot of water to rolling boil with a fat pinch of crystal salt. Add the florets and close. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Drain thoroughly. In the meantime preheat oven at 220C (420F).
2. Take the cleaned florets in a wide bowl. Toss salt, chili powder, garam maslala powder and turmeric powder.
3. Roast in the hot oven for 15-22 minutes, as crispy as required.You may have to gently flip the florets after 10 minutes. Once done, serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe:
Oven roasted cauliflower recipe- easy way to roast mildly seasoned cauliflower florets in oven. The seasonings can be easily changed as per taste.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil to grease the tray
- Core and cut the cauliflower into bite size florets. Bring a large pot of water to rolling boil with a fat pinch of crystal salt. Add the florets and close. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Drain thoroughly. In the meantime preheat oven at 220C (420F)
- Take the cleaned florets in a wide bowl. Toss salt, chili powder, garam maslala powder and turmeric powder. Roast in the hot oven for 15-22 minutes, as crispy as required.
- You may have to gently flip the florets after 10 minutes. Once done, serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou. Do leave a ⋆ rating along with your feedback!