Last updated on February 25th, 2018
Cauliflower fry recipe with step by step photos.Street style crispy and delicious cauliflower fry without any added colors or sauces. This crispy gobi fry is an excellent snack with tea for winters.
Cauliflower fry also known as gobi fry is a popular street food in south India. Fiery hot and deep red cauliflower fry is popular snack sold in small make shift shops. There are various gobi recipes that one can find in these shops and this gobi fry is a top favorite. I have never eaten cauliflower fry from those shops but they are very tempting for sure. I make crispy cauliflower fry at home when fresh cauliflowers are in season. I do not add sauce or colors to my gobi fry recipe. Just a dash of kashmiri red chili powder gives the vibrant color to these fries. Cauliflower recipes like gobi manchurian, gobi 65, cauliflower pakoda, cauliflower tava fry are home favorite.
Making cauliflower fry is easy and quick. We need very few ingredients that are easily available. If you wsh you can add some tomato sauce in this recipe to make street style gobi fry. I have added rice flour in this recipe for crispness. You can even add corn flour but adding rice flour yields in crispier gobi fry.
How to make cauliflower fry recipe
1. Blanch cauliflower florets in salted hot water for 5 minutes. rinse under cold water and spread on a plate as single layer.
2. Add salt, chili powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and mix well.
3. Add rice flour and toss well.
4. Add yogurt and mix well.
5. heat oil for deep frying. Take each floret separately and gently drop in the hot oil.
6. Deep fry until the gobi turns crispy and golden. Drain excess oil and serve cauliflower fry as snack.
Cauliflower fry or gobi fry recipe card:
Cauliflower fry recipe- Easy and quick recipe to make street style crispy gobi fry without sauces.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons curd/yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Water for blanching cauliflower
- Blanch cauliflower florets in salted hot water for 5 minutes. rinse under cold water and spread on a plate as single layer.
- Add salt, chili powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and mix well.
- Add rice flour and toss well.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- heat oil for deep frying. Take each floret separately and gently drop in the hot oil.
- Deep fry until the gobi turns crispy and golden. Drain excess oil and serve cauliflower fry as snack.