Last updated on September 4th, 2020
Baked cauliflower bites is a quick and delicious starter you can make in minutes! Tossed gently in flour and crusted with sesame seeds, this may be that non greasy snack you are looking for ever. Better than takeaways, fresh, flavorful and extra crispy, you will love this snack to bits, oh these are vegan too 🙂
We absolutely love this wonder veggie. Today I have a snack recipe for you with cauliflower that looks so gourmet yet a child’s play to prepare, oven baked cauliflower bites it is!
Yep even can child can make these baked cauliflower bites. Just mix the batter, dip, coat the sesame seeds and bake, how easy is that ?
With kids at home, we are in need of snack recipes more than ever 🙂 Why not up your snack game with this easy recipe? You can even prep this ahead and bake just before serving.
Craving for a snack can be so sudden and that’s when recipes like this baked cauliflower bits come super handy.
All you need to make this cauliflower bites are some cauliflower florets, flour and some basic spices. In 20 minutes you have a plateful of deliciousness, crispy golden perfect baked cauliflower with flavorful sesame crust and seasoned just right!
This is a super basic recipe where I am just showing you an idea. You can totally play with ingredients and vary the flavor.
Serve these cauliflower bites as snack with a dipping sauce like sour cream dip, buffalo sauce, green chutney, mango mustard dip, chili garlic sauce.
This Baked Cauliflower Bites Recipe Is
Crispy, yummy & addictive seriously!
Low oil, healthier
Easy & quick to me
While making this recipe or any cauliflower recipe you want to get your hands on the freshest cauliflower with tight and white florets.
It is a good idea to blanch your cauliflower briefly in salted water to get rid of worms that be present in cauliflower.
Break the cauliflower into bite size florets. Small florets are bake faster and easy to eat as well.
So what are the seasoning ideas you ask? Well a plenty 🙂 You can go with what I have done here that is salt, chili powder and turmeric powder or here are few seasoning ideas for you
- salt & pepper
- Dried herbs like basil, oregano
- Cajun seasoning
Whichever seasoning you do, do not miss those sesame seeds and nigella seeds. I have just sprinkled a few but you can do a proper crust too. Just dip each batter coated floret into the seeds.
Step By Step Method
First off prep your cauliflower. Break them into bite size florets. Bring a large pot of salted to boil. Add the cauiflower florets and blanch for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Preheat your oven at 180 C/ 350 F. Combine flour, turmeric powder, salt, chili powder and garam masala powder in a small bowl.
Also add carom seeds and rice flour.
Add water gradually and make a thick batter.
Dip each blanched cauliflower floret into the batter and arrange on a greased baking tray. Sprinkle nigella and sesame seeds.
Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes golden and crispy. You can flip the florets after 10-12 minutes to ensure thorough cooking.
Serve baked cauliflower bites with a sprinkle of raw onions, chopped cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice.
Can I make this cauliflower bites on stove top?
So you don’t have an oven or heat up one for this? No worries here is how you make it on stove top.
heat a cast iron tava or skillet and spread some oil.
After preparing the florets and dipping them in batter place them on the oiled tava. Cook in low flame for 12-15 minutes, flipping every now and then.
Another easiest way is to deep fry them in hot oil 🙂
More snack recipes you might like
Bakery Cauliflower Bites
- 2 cups cauliflower florets bite sized
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour `
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- oil for greasing the tray and few drops for baking
- 2 teaspoons nigella seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- First off prep your cauliflower. Break them into bite size florets. Bring a large pot of salted to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and blanch for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Preheat your oven at 180 C/ 350 F. Combine flour, turmeric powder, salt, chili powder and garam masala powder in a small bowl.
- Also add carom seeds and rice flour.
- Add water gradually and make a thick batter.
- Dip each blanched cauliflower floret into the batter and arrange on a greased baking tray. Sprinkle nigella and sesame seeds.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes golden and crispy. You can flip the florets after 10-12 minutes to ensure thorough cooking.
- Serve baked cauliflower bites with a sprinkle of raw onions, chopped cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice.
- You can double or halve the recipe
- Instead of cauliflower you can use broccoli