Poha chivda recipe with out deep frying. Classic Indian snack made with rice flakes, nuts and dry fruits!
This time I have planned my Diwali 2016 sweets and savories mostly based on my reader’s requests. I do have tried few new and interesting things but mostly I am sharing what ever my readers have asked. One recipe that few readers asked me was no deep fry poha chivda recipe. Chivda is a snack from Maharashtra made with poha, cashews, peanuts, fried gram and more. It is basically a mixture of all these ingredients. All the ingredients are deep fried and then seasoned with salt. Poha chivda is a wonderful tea time snack that you can easily make at home.
I am great of fan of poha chivda recipe and often make it. Generally thick poha variety is used for making chivda, so we need to deep fry it. Here I have used thin poha variety so we can just saute the poha in very less oil in low flame. There are many variations in poha chivda recipe and the ingredients added to it. Today I am sharing a version that I always make.
To make poha chivda recipe I have used cashew nuts, peanuts, very finely chopped green chilies, curry leaves, raisins, fried gram. I have added just salt in this chivda. You can add red chili powder and asafoetida if you wish. Just make sure you use thin poha and saute it till it crisps up low flame. Just 3 teaspoons oil is enough for this quantity of poha mixture.
Poha chivda recipe card below:
Poha chivda recipe | No deep fry chivda recipe
- 2 cups medium of thin poha (rice flakes)
- 1/4 cup cashews broken
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted channa dal
- 3 tablespoons oil
To temper poha chivda
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- 20 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a thick pan.
- Fry all the ingredients mentioned for poha one by one in low flame.
- In the same pan, retain about 2 teaspoons oil and remove the excess oil
- Temper with curry leaves and chilies. Add salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add to the fried ingredients and mix well.
- Toss very well and cool thoroughly. Store poha chivda in airtight container.