Last updated on May 2nd, 2020
Kheema masala recipe with minced veggies and paneer. This delicious and rich veg kheema curry is the vegetarian variation for popular mutton kheema recipe. Rich and creamy curry that tastes wonderful with rice or roti.
Veg kheema masala recipe with step by step photos. A simple and easy recipe of veg kheema masala, a tasty side dish for roti and dosa. It is a very creamy, flavorful side dish made with mixed minced vegetables. The word kheema means minced. Kheema is synonymous to minced meat in many places though. There are many popular kheema recipe across India like kheema masala, kheema samosa, kheema pav etc.
This vegetarian recipe is replacement for mutton kheema masala. Mixed minced vegetables and grated paneer are used to make this kheema masala recipe. It is important to mince or grate the vegetables very finely to get the desired kheema texture.
To make kheema masala recipe with vegetables I have used cauliflower, carrots, capsicum and grated paneer. I have minced the cauliflower and carrot in the food processor. Adding paneer gives this kheema masala a nice flavor and texture. However to make vegan kheema masala you can leave out paneer. You can even replace paneer with tofu.
How to make kheema masala with vegetables with step by step photos.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
Next add chopped onions and saute well.
Now add tomato cashew paste and saute till the oil separates.
Then add chopped capsicum and saute well.
Now add the minced vegetables, grated paneer. Mix well.
Season with salt, spice powders and mix well. Cook for 5-7 minutes in medium flame.
Also add 1/4 cup water and bring to the desired consistency.
Once the semi dry consistency is reached, finally add coriander leaves and remove from flame.
Serve veg kheema masala hot with roti.
Kheema masala recipe card below:
Veg kheema masala recipe | Side dish recipe for roti, dosa
- 1/2 cup minced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup grated paneer
- 1 big tomato + 6 cashews made into a paste
- 1 big onion chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capsicum
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Next add chopped onions and saute well
- then add tomato cashew paste and saute till the oil seperates.
- Add chopped capsicum and saute well.
- Now add the minced vegetables, grated paneer. Mix well.
- Add salt, spice powders and mix well. Cook for 5-7 minutes in medium flame.
- Also add 1/4 cup water and bring to the desired consistency.
- Once the semi dry consistency is reached, finally add coriander leaves and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with roti.