Easy walnut banana bread recipe that is soft, moist and full of flavor. Loaded with copious amounts of walnuts, this banana bread is the best one you will make at home. These are egg free and refined flour free too. Here is how to make this walnut banana bread at home with step by step photos.
I bake banana bread very often at home. Over ripe bananas accumulate very quickly here and our first preference is to bake a bread with them. I usually make this vegan banana bread but the one I am sharing now is a tad different yet very simple and delicious.
This is an easy banana bread recipe, the best one for beginners to try. No need for a stand mixer or too many bowls. You just need a fork to mash bananas and a whisk to whip up the batter. Also this is a very forgiving recipe where you can easily make substitutions for missing ingredients.
Walnut Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients:
This banana walnut bread is very adaptable and you can easily substitute for missing ingredients.
I have used whole wheat flour, flax egg, walnuts and brown sugar in this recipe. The melted butter adds a wonderful flavor and rich texture to this cake. You can also use olive oil or any other neutral oil instead of butter.
How To Make Banana Walnut Bread?
To make this walnut banana bread begin by melting butter. Melt butter in low flame and to that add mashed banana, sugar, vanilla and flax egg. Whisk very well until creamy. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Finally add walnuts and fold just once or twice.
Transfer to the greased tin and bake till done. Serve warm 🙂
How To Make Vegan Banana Walnut Bread Recipe?
To make this banana bread vegan just replace melted butter with oil and milk with warm water. You can also non dairy butter and almond milk for richer flavor.
Some Tips And Suggestions For Best Banana Bread At Home
Use ripest and sweetest bananas for this bread to cut off the amount of sugar.
You can also use soft butter instead of melted butter. Creaming the soft butter with sugar will yield lighter banana bread.
Instead of walnuts you can add toasted almond bits, pine nuts or cashews. You can also add grated coconut, dried berries as mix-ins
Do not replace baking soda with baking powder.
Serve banana bread warm with milk, tea or coffee. Wrap any leftovers airtight and refrigerate.
You can pop the leftovers in the of oven for 6-8 minutes before serving.
Another option would be to slightly toast bread slices on a hot griddle and serve with a sliver of butter.
More cake recipes you might like
How To Make Banana Walnut Bread Recipe Step by Step
Grease an 8 inch bread pan and set aside. Preheat oven at 170 C/ 350 F.
Mix flax seed powder with water and whisk until light and foamy. Mash the ripe bananas very well with a fork
Melt butter over low flame and warm a bit. Add to the flax egg along with sugar, milk and mashed bananas. Whisk till combined.
Add wheat flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Mix well.
Add the walnuts and mix gently.
Pour the batter into the greased loaf tin and bake for 45-60 minutes. Bake until a tester comes out clean from the center.
Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Invert and cool in a wire rack thoroughly later. Slice and serve as required.
Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
Walnut Banana Bread Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 4 medium over ripe bananas 1.5 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup melted butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons milk almond milk or water for vegan
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablepoon flax seed powder
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar or granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Grease an 8 inch bread pan and set aside. Preheat oven at 170 C/ 350 F.
- Mix flax seed powder with water and whisk until light and foamy. Mash the ripe bananas very well with a fork
- Melt butter over low flame and warm a bit. Add to the flax egg along with sugar, milk and mashed bananas. Whisk till combined.
- Add wheat flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Mix well.
- Add the walnuts and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf tin and bake for 45-60 minutes. Bake until a tester comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Invert and cool in a wire rack thoroughly later. Slice and serve as required.