Last updated on February 23rd, 2018
Eggless carrot cake recipe that is delicious, dense and filling. This carrot cake recipe is free of eggs, refined flour. If dense, nourishing and flavorful cakes with real ingredients are your choice then grab a slice or two of this best eggless carrot cake!
This carrot cake is perfect one to serve in breakfast. A slice or two of this cake along with a glass of milk is a wonderful snack or breakfast for toddlers and kids. Even adults will absolutely enjoy this carrot cake when served warm with a cup of coffee. Further if you want to frost the cake you can do that also but we always prefer this cake warm straight out of the oven 🙂 Best carrot cake frostings are cream cheese frosting, chocolate icing or vanilla icing.
Now that fresh Delhi carrots are in season you can prepare this simple eggless carrot cake quickly. Here I have used Delhi carrots but the cake can be prepared with any variety of carrot. few other easy carrot recipes added in the blog are carrot juice, carrot soup, carrot kalakand, carrot curry recipes.
To make eggless carrot cake I have used whole wheat flour entirely. The cake is denser and a bit of darker shade due to wheat flour. If you prefer lighter cakes or preparing carrot cake for celebrations you can use all purpose flour. You can also use 1 cup wheat flour and 1/2 cup all purpose flour. But the flavor and taste of carrot cake is so good with wheat flour.
There are many ways to prepare carrot cake. This recipe is from my recipes collection and yields best soft carrot cake. I have made this cake so many times for family. In this recipe instead of carrots you can even add grated beets. If using beets remove two tablespoons wheat flour and add cocoa powder. The taste and flavor will be very good.
You can serve carrot cake warm or at room temperature. The cake keeps well for a week in refrigerator. Warm the cake for few minutes before serving if stored in fridge. In fact the cake tastes better on the second day.
How to make eggless carrot cake recipe
1.Preheat oven at 180C. Prepare a loaf tin by greasing and dusting:
2. Add sweetened condensed milk into a mixing bowl. To that add curd, lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla extract. Mix well until smooth and combined.
3. Sieve the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold very well.
4. Add the grated carrots and mix.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
6. Let cool and slice the cake. Serve carrot cake warm with coffee.
Eggless carrot cake recipe video:
Eggless carrot cake recipe card
Eggless carrot cake is a delicious, dense and healthy cake recipe with fresh grated carrots and whole wheat flour. tastes best when served warm with coffee
- 400 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup yogurt whisked well
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch cinnamon powder
- A pinch salt
- Preheat oven at 180C. Prepare a loaf tin by greasing and dusting:
Add sweetened condensed milk into a mixing bowl. To that add curd, lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla extract. Mix well until smooth and combined.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold very well.
- Add the grated carrots and mix.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool and slice the cake. Serve carrot cake warm with coffee.